The Mystery Maker
|The Mystery Maker|
|Written by||Lyn Cook|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||CBC Television|
|Original release||6 January – 31 March 1967|
The plot is set in Stratford, Ontario at a boarding house owned by Mrs. O'Hara (Ruth Springford), a widow. Her teen-aged daughter Pegeen (Kathy Kastner) was an aspiring actress. Each episode featured elements of mystery involving the O'Hara's and residents of the boarding house.
- Kathy Kastner as Pegeen O'Hara
- Ruth Springford as Mrs. O'Hara
- James Edmond as Mr. Pudd
- Frances Hyland as a boarding house employee
- Syme Jago as Andy
- Alan Jordan
- Beth Lockerbie as Mrs. Hodge
- Jane Mallett
- Miles MacNamara as David
- Charles Palmer as Mr. Toby
- Joseph Shaw as Mr. B
- Tudi Wiggins
This series was recorded on location in Stratford. Stories were adapted by Lyn Cook from her novel Pegeen and the Pilgrim.
This half-hour series was broadcast on Fridays at 4:30 p.m. (Eastern time) from 6 January to 31 March 1967.
- Corcelli, John (May 2005). "The Mystery Maker". Canadian Communications Foundation. Retrieved 7 May 2010.