The Neglected Wife
|The Neglected Wife|
|Directed by||William Bertram|
|Written by||Joseph Dunn
Mabel Herbert Hurne
Will M. Ritchey
- Ruth Roland as Margaret Warner
- Roland Bottomley as Horace Kennedy
- Corinne Grant as Mary Kennedy
- Neil Hardin as Edgar Doyle (as Neil C. Hardin)
- Philo McCullough as Frank Norwood
- Mollie McConnell
Like many American films of the time, The Neglected Wife was subject to cuts by city and state film censorship boards. For example, the Chicago Board of Censors required these cuts in these three episodes: Episode 11, throwing brick down on man, stealing key from rack, stealing letters, and throwing man into burning house; Episode 12, the intertitle "Or I will have you ejected by complaining that you are what you are -"; and Episode 13, thugs shooting from boat, two holdup scenes, attack on girl and gagging, shooting from window, and the intertitles "We must get the girl - to go back to him", "You have ruined Margaret Warner and the Veiled Woman", and "You will return to Kennedy or -".
- "Progressive Silent Film List: The Neglected Wife". silentera.com. Retrieved 2008-02-21.
- "Official Cut-Outs by the Chicago Board of Censors". Exhibitors Herald. 5 (14): 33. September 29, 1917.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Neglected Wife.|
|This 1910s drama film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|