The New Frontiers
|The New Frontiers|
|Origin||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Genres||Indie rock, alternative country|
|Labels||The Militia Group|
|Past members||Nathan Pettijohn|
The New Frontiers was an American indie rock band from Dallas, Texas. Originally called Stellamaris, they released a self-titled EP in 2006, but changed their moniker after discovering that they shared a name with a long-established Israeli band. A second EP, titled Tour, followed in 2007. The band released their only studio album, titled Mending, in 2008. The New Frontiers split up in late 2008 and played their final show in January 2009. Support at this concert came from This Will Destroy You, a band who drummer Alex Bhore has since joined.
- Nathan Pettijohn – vocals, guitar
- Ryan Henry – bass guitar
- Jacob Chaney – guitar
- Guy Turner – keyboard
- Alex Bhore – drums
- Mending (2008)
- Stellamaris (2006)
- Tour (2007)
- Skinner, James (November 25, 2008). "The New Frontiers: Mending". Drowned in Sound. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- Smyers, Darryl (August 7, 2008). "Blazing a Trail". Dallas Observer. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- Leggett, Steve. "The New Frontiers Biography". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- Mason, Stewart. "Mending - The New Frontiers". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- Freedman, Pete (January 5, 2009). "Last Night(ish): The New Frontiers' Final Show". Dallas Observer. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- Freedman, Pete (February 16, 2011). "Neon Indian Guitarist Ronnie Gierhart Leaves Band, Starts New Ronnie Heart Project". Dallas Observer. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
|This article on a United States indie rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|