The Next Life
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (May 2013)|
|The Next Life|
|Big Finish Productions audio drama|
|Writer||Alan Barnes and
|Executive producer||Jacqueline Rayner|
|Length||3 hrs 8 mins|
|Release date||December 2004|
Washed up on a beach on a beautiful island, the Eighth Doctor is rescued by a strangely familiar woman named Perfection and begins a journey to discover the dark secret at the heart of his exile to the Divergent Universe — and the return of an old enemy that could hold the key to its end.
- The Doctor — Paul McGann
- Charley — India Fisher
- C'rizz — Conrad Westmaas
- Rassilon — Don Warrington
- The Kro'Ka — Stephen Perring
- Keep — Stephane Cornicard
- Perfection — Daphne Ashbrook
- Guidance — Paul Darrow
- L'Da — Jane Hills
- Lady Louisa Pollard — Anneke Wills
- Simon Murchford — Stephen Mansfield
- Mother of Jembere-Bud — Jane Goddard
This marks the last of the Divergent Universe stories which began with Scherzo. It also marks the last appearance of the villain Kro'ka.
- This audio play (recorded in 2004) marked the first time that Paul McGann and Daphne Ashbrook had worked together since the 1996 Doctor Who television movie. Ashbrook played Dr. Grace Holloway in that production.
- Although he has continued in the role, this is the final audio drama to feature Paul McGann as the incumbent Doctor. The next Eighth Doctor audio drama, Terror Firma, was released in August 2005 by which time he had been succeeded in the role of the Doctor on television by not only Christopher Eccleston but also David Tennant.
- At 3 Hours and 8 Minutes it is the longest in the main line of Doctor Who Big Finish Audio Adventures.
|This Doctor Who–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|