The Ram Folk Club
The Ram Folk Club is a folk club in the borough of Elmbridge in suburban north Surrey, one of only a few folk clubs in the Home Counties close to London. Established in October 1983, it runs on Friday evenings and features music by folk and acoustic artists and bands. It is run by a small group of regular musicians and fans and is not for profit. The evening usually consists of a main 'guest' preceded by several floor spots. In 2007, it received the BBC Radio 2 Folk Club of the Year award.
Currently the Ram Folk Club has its folk music events at the Old Cranleighan Sports Club in Thames Ditton, midway between Kingston upon Thames, London and Walton on Thames. This is the club's fourth venue in Elmbridge and is only 0.5 miles (0.80 km) from the original venue in Weston Green.
- Dewji, Nazia (13 October 2013). "Ram Club, Thames Ditton, celebrates the big 3-0". Elmbridge Guardian. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- "Folk revivalist heads to Ram Folk Club". Get Surrey. 28 August 2007. Retrieved 17 October 2013.
- "Radio 2 Folk Awards 2007". BBC Radio 2. BBC. Retrieved 17 October 2013.
- "Alphabetical list of artists". The Ram Club. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "Folk revivalist heads to Ram Folk Club". Get Surrey. 28 August 2007. Retrieved 15 November 2013.
- Poole, Steve & Poole, Diana. "The Ram Club Guest List 1983 – 2006" (PDF). The Ram Club. Retrieved 17 October 2013.
- "Thames Ditton community club recovers after fire". Get Surrey. 21 December 2012. Retrieved 17 October 2013.