|Directed by||Nich Richardson|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|Production company||Hollow Bear Productions|
|Distributor||Australian Broadcasting Corporation|
|First shown in||Australia|
The Roast was a flagship Australian satirical news show that screened on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) television channel ABC2. The daily ten-minute show was hosted by Tom Glasson and featured Mark Humphries, Clarke Richards, Alex Lee, Jazz Twemlow and Nich Richardson.
The Roast began life online as a one-minute, news headlines show in 2011. It expanded to a two-minute series in 2012 which also screened on ABC2. From 8 April 2013, it began screening on ABC2 in a regular timeslot at 7.30pm weeknights as a 10-minute program. It was then renewed for another season in 2014, again as a 10-minute daily show, with the addition of ABC News 24 presenter Alex Lee, replacing Rachel Corbett.
On 29 December 2014, the Australian online wing of the British national daily newspaper, The Guardian presented an exclusive end of year wrap-up episode of The Roast hosted by Mark Humphries. The collaboration with the publication was extended with the announcement on 18 March 2015 of a limited run return of the series.
On 14 April 2013 the producers and writers of the show began a podcast show called The PodRoast. The podcast provided additional commentary and behind the scenes details about the show. The show also has a regular segment called "Who is your least favourite person this week?" where the cast and crew said which member of the show is their least favourite person, usually this is because of their working style or because of an issue they caused during production.
- Knox, David (26 March 2013). "Airdate: The Roast". TV Tonight. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "About The Roast". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Archived from the original on 7 August 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Knox, David (4 November 2014). "Axed: The Roast". TV Tonight. Archived from the original on 7 November 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "The Roast teams up with Guardian Australia: 2014 Politics Facepalms - video". Guardian Australia. 28 December 2014. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Earley, Dave (18 March 2015). "The Roast TV returns to celebrate news excellence with Guardian Australia". Guardian Australia. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)