From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from The Shires)
|Look up shire in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A shire is a type of region in the United Kingdom and Australia.
Shire or The Shires may also refer to:
- Shire River, a river in Malawi and Mozambique
- Shire Highlands, a plateau in southern Malawi lying east of the Shire River
- Shire, Ethiopia, a town in Ethiopia also known as Inda Selassie
- The Shire, an informal name for various counties of the United Kingdom
- Shire Brook, in South Yorkshire, England
- Shire Country Park, a park south of Birmingham, England
- "The Shire", a colloquial term for the American state of New Hampshire
- Sutherland Shire colloquially referred to as The Shire, a suburban region of southern Sydney, Australia
- Shires of Virginia
- The Shires, former name of the shopping centre now known as Highcross Leicester
- The Shires Shopping Centre in Trowbridge, Wiltshire
- Shires (surname)
- Abdisamad Ali Shire, Vice President of Puntland
- Barre Adan Shire Hiiraale, Somali Minister of Defense and leader of the Juba Valley Alliance
- David Shire (born 1937), American songwriter and composer
- Mohamoud Ali Shire (1897–1960), 26th Sultan of the Warsangali Sultanate (Somalia)
- Talia Shire (born 1946), American actress
- Shire Jama Ahmed, Somali linguist credited with devising a Latin script for transcribing the Somali language
- The Shires (duo), British country music duo
- Shire Books, a United Kingdom publisher of books on history, heritage and antiques
- Shire (pharmaceutical company), a British speciality pharmaceuticals company
- Shire Foods, a manufacturer of pies, pasties, and sausage rolls based in Warwickshire, England
- The Shires, poetry collection by Donald Davie 1974
- The Shire (Middle-earth), a region in J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth legendarium
- The Shire (TV series), a reality television series about the Sutherland Shire, set in the suburban region of southern Sydney, Australia.
- Randall Shire, a Marvel Comics character
- Apostolic Vicariate of Shire, a Roman Catholic territorial jurisdiction in what was then Nyasaland Protectorate, Africa
- East Stirlingshire F.C., Scottish football club nicknamed "The Shire"
- Shire horse, a large breed of draft horse
- Battle of Shire, fought in 1936 as part of the Second Italo-Abyssinian War
- Shire Hall, Monmouth, Wales, a building
- Shire Hall, Newport, Wales, a building
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Shire.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.