The Silver Spike
|Cover artist||Keith Berdak|
|Series||The Black Company|
|Genre||Epic fantasy, Dark fantasy|
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
The Silver Spike is a spin-off novel from Glen Cook's The Black Company. The story combines elements of epic fantasy and dark fantasy as it follows two former members of The Black Company and the formerly renowned "White Rose" down their own path after parting ways with the company following the events at the conclusion of The White Rose.
The Dominator was a wizard of immense power who could not be killed by his enemies. He was, however, defeated and his evil essence imprisoned in a silver spike. The power inherent in the spike is so greatly feared and desired that some try to steal it, while others try to keep it from falling into anyone's hands.
Characters in "The Silver Spike"
- Tully Stahl
- Smeds Stahl – Tully's cousin
- Old Man Fish (Forto Reibus)
- Timmy Locan
The White Rose Rebellion
- Darling (Tonie Fisk) – The White Rose
- Silent – Wizard formerly of The Black Company
- Bomanz the Wakener (Seth Chalk)
- Brother Bear Torque
- Donkey Dick “Stubby” Torque
- Paddlefoot Torque
The Northern Empire
- Brigadier Wildbrand
- Gossamer – Wizard and Spidersilk's twin
- Exile – Imperial wizard from Charm
- Philodendron Case (the narrator)
- Raven – formerly of The Black Company
- Toadkiller Dog
- The Limper – one of The Ten Who Were Taken
- The Silver Spike at the Internet Book List
- The Silver Spike title listing at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
|This article about a 1980s fantasy novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.