The We and the I
|The We and the I|
|Directed by||Michel Gondry|
|Produced by||Raffi Adlan
|Written by||Michel Gondry
and Jeff Grimshaw
|Edited by||Jeff Buchanan|
|Distributed by||Partizan films
|Box office||$42,172 (Domestic gross) $251,433 (Foreign gross)|
The We and the I is a 2012 American comedy-drama film co-written and directed by Michel Gondry. The film was screened in the Directors' Fortnight section at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. It won International Critics' prize at 2012 Deauville American Film Festival. During the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival, 108 Media and Paladin acquired the North American rights to the film, with a release date of March 8, 2013. The movie is about teenagers who ride the same bus route on their last day of high school and the film was shot in The South Bronx, New York City, New York.
- Michael Brodie as Michael
- Teresa Lynn as Teresa
- Laidychen Carrasco as Laidychen
- Raymond Delgado as Little Raymond
- Jonathan Ortiz as Jonathan
- Raymond Rios as Big Raymond
- Jonathan Worrell as Big T
- Alex Barrios as Alex
- Meghan Niomi Murphy as Niomi
- Brandon Diaz as Brandon
- Elijah Canada as Elijah
- Manuel Rivera as Manuel
- Luis Figueroa as Luis
- Jacobchen Carrasco as Jacobchen
- Mia Lobo as Bus Driver
- Amanda Kay Riley as Beautiful Girl On Bike
- Jillian Rice as Jillian
- Kenneth Quinonez as Kenny
- Amanda Mercado as Amy
- Daniel J. Hunter 5th Grader (as Daniel Hunter)
- Marcus A. Hunter 5th Grader (as Marcus Hunter)
- Scott, A. O. (March 7, 2013). "'The We and the I,' Directed by Michel Gondry". The New York Times.
- The We and the I at Box Office Mojo
- "The We and the I". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved November 19, 2012.
- Leffler, Rebecca (2012-04-24). "Cannes 2012: Michel Gondry's 'The We & The I' to Open Director's Fortnight". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2012-04-25.
- "2012 Selection". quinzaine-realisateurs.com. Directors' Fortnight. Retrieved 2012-04-25.
- "Deauville 2012: 'Beasts of the Southern Wild,' 'Una Noche' Win Top Prizes". Retrieved September 28, 2015.
- Vlessing, Etan (8 September 2012). "Toronto 2012: Michel Gondry's 'The We and the I' Sells to Paladin and 108 Media". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|