The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die
Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die|
|Also known as||The World Is a Beautiful Place, TWIABP|
|Origin||Willimantic, Connecticut, United States|
|Labels||Epitaph, Topshelf, Black Lake, Skeletal Lightning|
|Associated acts||Deer Leap, My Heart To Joy, End of a Year, Snow Roller, Spirit Night|
The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die (sometimes shortened to The World Is a Beautiful Place, The World Is, or just TWIABP) is an American indie rock band formed in Willimantic, Connecticut in 2009. They released their debut full-length album Whenever, If Ever in 2013 to generally positive reviews, followed by Harmlessness in 2015 and Always Foreign in 2017. Aside from these three studio albums they have released a number of EPs and splits, including a collaboration with spoken word artist Christopher Zizzamia entitled Between Bodies and released in late 2014. According to their Facebook page, their "lineup is constantly expanding and contracting. Recording and live performance lineups vary."
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die.|
- Josh Cyr – bass, keyboards, vocals (2009–present)
- Steven Buttery – drums (2011–present)
- Chris Teti – guitar, trumpet (2011–present)
- David Bello – vocals (2012–present)
- Katie Dvorak – keyboards, vocals (2012–present)
- Tyler Bussey – guitar, vocals (2009–2010, 2015–present)
- Nicole Shanholtzer – drums (2009–2010), guitar, vocals (2010–2016)
- Thomas Diaz – keyboards, guitar, vocals (2009–2012)
- Greg Horbal – guitar, keyboards, vocals (2010–2015)
- Dylan Balliett – guitar, vocals (2015-2017)
- Devin Spector – guitar (2010–2010)
- Brian Casey – drums (2010–2011)
- Patrick Malone – trumpet (2012–2015)
- Nick Kwas – violin, vocals (2015)
- Julia Peters – cello (2012–2014)
- Chris Zizzamia – spoken word (2014)
- Formlessness (2010, Topshelf)
- Josh Is Dead (2010, Topshelf)
- 4′33″ (2013, Broken World Media)
- Between Bodies (2014, Broken World Media / Black Lake in the UK)
- The Distance (2014, Broken World Media)
- Death to New Years (2015, Topshelf)
- Long Live Happy Birthday (2016, Topshelf)
- Formlessness 2016 (2016, Topshelf)
- Are Here to Help You (Split LP with Deer Leap) (2011, Topshelf)
- Tigers Jaw/The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die/Code Orange Kids/Self Defense Family 4-Way Split 7″ (2013, Topshelf)
- Sundae Bloody Sundae (split with Kittyhawk, Rozwell Kid, Two Knights) (2014, Skeletal Lightning)
- Fourteen Minute Mile (split with Rozwell Kid) (2015, Broken World Media)
- Sorority Noise/The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die (2016, Topshelf)
- Audiotree Live 3.1.2014 (2014, Audiotree Live)
- Live On KEXP (2016, KEXP)
- Demo 2010 (2010, Broken World Media)
- "Gig Life" (2012, Broken World Media)
- "Mental Health" (2015, Broken World Media)
- "Body Without Organs" (2016)
Appearances on compilation albums
- Mixed Signals Comp (2011, Run for Cover)
|2013||"Picture of a Tree That Doesn't Look Okay"||Geoffrey Hoskinson|
|2013||"Low Light Assembly"||Alex Henery|
|2014||"Shoppers Beef"/"$100 Tip"||Geoffrey Hoskinson|
|2015||"January 10th, 2014"||Christopher Good|
|2017||"Marine Tigers"||Ryan Sheehy|
- DeVille, Chris. "12 Bands To Know From The Emo Revival". Stereogum. Retrieved November 28, 2013.
- Gormelly, Ian. "Handicapping the Emo Revival: Who's Most Likely to Pierce the Stigma?". Chart Attack. Retrieved November 28, 2013.
- Cohen, Ian. "Your New Favorite Emo Bands: The Best of Topshelf Records' 2013 Sampler". Pitchfork. Retrieved November 28, 2013.
- Berman, Taylor (November 29, 2016). "New Music: The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die – "Body Without Organs"". Spin. Retrieved May 11, 2017.
- Cohen, Ian (September 29, 2015). "The Emo Revival Ends Here: The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die Made a Perfect Indie Rock Record". Noisey. Retrieved May 11, 2017.
- Ross, Alex Robert (November 30, 2016). "The World Is a Beautiful Place… Release "Body Without Organs" to Benefit ACLU". Noisey. Retrieved May 11, 2017.
- "Topshelf Records – The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die". Topshelf Records. Retrieved 2013-10-06.
- "Pitchfork – Whenever, If Ever Review". Retrieved 2013-10-07.
- "PopMatters – Whenever, If Ever Review". Retrieved 2013-10-07.
- "twiabp". Tumblr.com. 2013-09-25. Retrieved 2013-10-06.
- "The World is a Beautiful Place & I am No Longer Afraid to Die – About". Facebook.com. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- 4′33″, Broken World