Thin Man (band)
As other first wave Chinese rock bands such as Black Panther became more pop-orientated, Thin Man was one of the bands which continued to play heavy rock. Nevertheless Thin Man became the first rock band allowed to perform on CCTV's Tongyi Shou Ge ("The Same Song") on June 30, 1999.
The line up in 2011 was lead singer Dai Qin (戴秦) Inner Mongolian, guitar Zhou Kun (周坤), bass San'er (仨儿) and drummer Hayato from Japan.
- Thin Man 1 (瘦人1), 1999
- Beijing Dream 北京梦, 2002
- The Seventh Day (第七天, The Seventh Day), 2008
- Yi lu xiang bei (一路向北) EP, 2012
- Rock In China - Thin Man
- China With a Cut: Globalisation, Urban Youth and Popular Music 2010- Page 55 "Other bands – such as Cold Blooded Animals, Twisted Machine, Thin Man, Face, and Iron Kite – have fared better and ... "
- Jen Lin-Liu, Sherisse Pham Frommer's Beijing - 2010 - Page 177"There's maddening cross-talk ( xiangsheng), bland mandopop, and even a small alternative (fei zhuliu) music section featuring local bands such as Thin Man and Second Hand Rose. The alternative ..."
- Edward L. Davis Encyclopedia of Contemporary Chinese Culture - 2009 - Page 712 "Their stylistic innovation was denoted as 'New Music' (Xin yinyue) and underscored the diversity of Beijing's rock circle in the mid 1990s. At this point the community split into different scenes and styles. Bands like Thin Man (Shouren) continued to play heavy rock, while others such as Black Panther turned to pop rock, a genre that is also popular with Zang Tianshuo, Point Zero (Lingdian), Baojia Rd. No. 43 (Baojiajie 43 hao) and the female ......"
- 大众电视 - Issues 13-24 2000- Page 68 "北京普涞文化艺术公司将接手全面打造(永〉剧的主題音乐。曾为王菲、麦田守望者、朴树、瘦人乐队等知名音乐入制作过很多优秀专辑的著名音乐人张亚东将担任剧中主题音乐的监制及制作人。另外,《永〉剧将于近期全面展开征召主题曲演唱歌手的 ...
- Billboard -Vol. 112, No. 34 19 Aug 2000 - Page 54 "The extent of Thin Man's success can be measured, in part, by the band's participation in the CCTV national music spectacle Tongyi Shou Ge, "The Same Song," last June 30. This was the first time that a rock band was allowed to perform in ..."
- art.china.cn 10 August 2012《一路向北》是瘦人乐队自《瘦人1》、《北京梦》、《第七天》后的又一经典唱片，与上一专辑《第七天》的大换班相比，这次只是吉他手由郭志勇变成了年轻有为的周坤。鼓手HAYATO和录制了瘦人乐队所有专辑的贝司手仨儿则依然未变，只不过后者在署名上变成了俊英。当然，不变的还是从1997年到今天一直都在的戴秦，因为：无戴秦，不“瘦人”。
|This article on a Chinese band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|