Think About You
|"Think About You"|
|Song by Guns N' Roses from the album Appetite for Destruction|
|Released||July 21, 1987|
|Appetite for Destruction track listing|
"Think About You" is a song by the American rock band Guns N' Roses, featured on the band's debut studio album, Appetite for Destruction (1987). Although credited to the group, the song was primarily composed by rhythm guitarist, Izzy Stradlin, who also plays lead guitar on it, supposedly talking about the first time he tried heroin.
"Think About You" was played very frequently during early Guns N' Roses shows in 1985 and 1986, however, it was never played again until 2001. It was frequently played in 2002 and occasionally played in 2006, with former rhythm guitarist Izzy Stradlin joining the band for a few performances. It was not performed on the 2009/2010 tour.
- Davis, Stephen (2008). Watch You Bleed: The Saga of Guns N' Roses. Gotham Books. ISBN 978-1-59240-377-6.
- W. Axl Rose - lead vocals
- Slash - lead and rhythm guitars, acoustic guitar
- Izzy Stradlin - rhythm and lead guitars, backing vocals
- Duff "Rose" McKagan - bass
- Steven Adler - drums
- (Davis 2008, p. 165), "This heavy-metal tenderness extends into 'Think About You,' in which a cowbell starts a jet-fueled rocker about the infatuation of early love and shared moments of bliss."
- My Les Paul. http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/tonefreaks/9257-izzy-stradlin.html