From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Tholos (disambiguation))
|Look up tholos in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Τholos, a circular building, may refer to:
- Tholos tomb, or Beehive tomb
- Tholos, keyhole-shaped houses of the Halaf culture of the Ancient Near East
- A circular temple of Ancient Greece
- The Tholos at Athens, a building which housed the Prytaneion, or seat of government, in ancient Athens
- The Tholos at Delphi, a circular building located approximately 800 metres from the main site of the ruined Temple of Apollo
- The Tholos at Epidaurus, a circular building with an ornate astronomical floor design
- Tholos, an alternative name of Theologos, Rhodes, a village in Greece
- Tholos (Ancient Rome), a structure found in the centre of the macellum
- The tallest part of the United States Capitol dome, on which the Statue of Freedom stands
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.