Thomas Hodges (Governor of Bombay)
Thomas Hodges (died 1771) was the Governor of Bombay from 27 January 1767 to 23 February 1771.
Thomas Hodges was the son of Thomas Hodges of Bredy, Dorset. He married a daughter of Colonel Hallett of Barbados; their son, Thomas Hallett Hodge, married a daughter of the political reformer John Cartwright.
- Notes and Queries for Somerset and Dorset, 1915, p. 120
- The Gentleman's Magazine, June 1857, p. 735
- "Previous Governors List". Raj Bhavan (Maharashtra). Retrieved 2008-12-23.
- "Colonial administrators and post-independence leaders in India (1616–2000)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (online ed.). Oxford University Press. (Subscription or UK public library membership required.)
- Great Britain India Office (1819). The India List and India Office List. I. Harrison. pp. 125–7. Retrieved 2008-10-09.
- Greater Bombay District Gazetteer. Maharashtra State Gazetteers. I. Government of Maharashtra. 1986. Retrieved 2008-08-13.
|This article about a British politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|