Thomas Merton (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thomas Merton was a twentieth-century Catholic monk, writer, and scholar of comparative religion.
There are several institutions named after him:
- Thomas Merton Academy, a former Catholic elementary school in Louisville, Kentucky
- Thomas Merton Center (Louisville), a project of Bellarmine University in Louisville
- Thomas Merton Center (Pittsburgh), a peace and social justice center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Thomas Merton Award, awarded since 1972 by the Thomas Merton Center for Peace and Social Justice in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- The International Thomas Merton Society, a learned society studying the works of Thomas Merton
- The Thomas Merton Society of Great Britain and Ireland, a society in the British Isles affiliated with the International Thomas Merton Society
- Bishop Marrocco/Thomas Merton Catholic Secondary School, in downtown Toronto, Canada, which was formerly named St. Joseph's Commercial and was founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph, is named in part after Thomas Merton
Another person with the same name:
- Thomas Ralph Merton (1888–1969) English physicist and inventor
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Thomas Merton.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.