From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Parliament of New Zealand|
The son of a small arms manufacturer, he emigrated to New Zealand in 1854, and recorded many natural observations as well as species that were then new to science, such as the black-billed gull and the great spotted kiwi.
- Wilson, James Oakley (1985) [First ed. published 1913]. New Zealand parliamentary record, 1840-1984 (4 ed.). Wellington: V.R. Ward, Govt. Printer. p. 133. OCLC 154283103.
- "Ohinetahi". Register of Historic Places. Heritage New Zealand. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- Star, Paul. "Thomas Henry Potts". Dictionary of New Zealand Biography. Ministry for Culture and Heritage. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- Digitized works by Thomas Henry Potts at Biodiversity Heritage Library
- Thomas Henry Potts in New Zealand birds website
- Potts, Thomas Henry in 1966 Encyclopaedia of New Zealand
|New Zealand Parliament|
|Member of Parliament for Mount Herbert
|This article about a New Zealand biologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an ornithologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a New Zealand politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|