Thomas Wedgwood IV
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Wedgwood was the son of the potter Thomas Wedgwood III and his wife Mary Stringer. He married twice, first to Isabell Beech (1722-1750), who had five children, two of whom died in infancy.
with Isabell Beech:
- Thomas Wedgwood V (c. 1744-1786), master potter of the Overhouse, from whom descends the famous ceramic designer Clarice Cliff.
- John Wedgwood (born and died 1746)
- Catherine Wedgwood (1748-1750)
- Sarah Wedgwood (1774-1856) married (1) John Taylor (2) the Reverend John Richardson
- Mary Wedgwood (1750-?) married Josiah Wood.
Wedgwood married again in 1752 to Jane Richards (1715-1785) and they had three children:
- William Wedgwood (1755-1837) of Bournehayes Gentleman.
- John Wedgwood (1758-1782)
- Jane (?-?)
Wedgwood was the principal heir of Katherine Wedgwood Egerton (1682/1683-1705) a very rich widow, who was his first cousin once removed, their shared ancestor being Thomas Wedgwood I.