Thomas William Hanforth
In 1892 he succeeded Edwin Lemare as organist of Sheffield Parish Church, which was upgraded to cathedral status in 1914.
During his time in Sheffield, he was appointed Sheffield City Organist in 1932.
- Organist to Archbishop William Thompson of York 1885–1888
- Music Master at the Yorkshire School for the Blind 1888–1892
- Assistant organist at York Minster 1891–1892
- Organist at Sheffield Cathedral 1892–1937
- Conductor of the Sheffield Philharmonic Orchestra 1911–1914
- Organist to the Grand Lodge of England 1923–1924, and 1937–1938
His compositions include works for organ, choir and songs.
- Who's Who in Music. Shaw Publishing Limited. 1937
|This article on an organist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|