|Studio album by Carole King|
|Genre||Pop, soft rock|
|Label||Ode / A&M (Original Issue)
Ode / Epic (Re-issue)
|Carole King chronology|
Thoroughbred is an album by American singer-songwriter Carole King, released in 1976. This is her final effort issued by Ode Records, and also the last album produced by Lou Adler who had been her collaborator since Tapestry.
The track "Only Love Is Real" was released as a lead single from the album, and became her 4th and final chart-topper on the U.S. Billboard AC chart. "High out of Time", a song featuring David Crosby and Graham Nash on vocals, was also released as a single. "There's a Space Between Us" also features harmony vocals by James Taylor.
All songs written by Carole King, except where noted.
- Side one
- "So Many Ways" – 3:11
- "Daughter of Light" (Gerry Goffin, King) – 3:11
- "High Out of Time" (Goffin, King) – 3:15
- "Only Love is Real" – 3:29
- "There's a Space Between Us" – 3:20
- Side two
- "I'd Like to Know You Better" – 2:48
- "We All Have to Be Alone" (Goffin, King) – 3:44
- "Ambrosia" (King, Dave Palmer) – 3:16
- "Still Here Thinking of You" (Goffin, King) – 3:11
- "It's Gonna Work Out Fine" – 3:50
- Carole King - synthesizer, guitar, piano, vocals, background vocals
- Danny "Kootch" Kortchmar - guitar, vocals
- Russ Kunkel - drums
- Ralph MacDonald - percussion
- David Crosby - background vocals
- Graham Nash - background vocals
- Tom Scott - saxophone
- Leland Sklar – bass
- J.D. Souther - background vocals
- James Taylor - guitar, background vocals
- Waddy Wachtel - guitar
- Lou Adler - producer
- Milt Calice - engineer
- Hank Cicalo - engineer
|United States (RIAA)||Gold|
- "Carole King - Thoroughbred". Super Seventies. Retrieved April 24, 2011.
- Thoroughbred at AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- Holden, Stephen (1976-03-25). "Carole King: Thoroughbred: Music Review". Archived from the original on 2008-12-20. Retrieved 2012-02-22.
- Library and Archives Canada. Retrieved 2011-02-22
- Oricon Album Chart Book: Complete Edition 1970-2005 (in Japanese). Roppongi, Tokyo: Oricon Entertainment. 2006. ISBN 4-87131-077-9.
- Allmusic - Carole King > Wrap Around Joy > Charts & Awards > Billboard Albums
- "Top Pop Albums of 1976". billboard.biz. Retrieved 2012-02-11.
- "American album certifications – Carole King – Wrap Around Joy". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 2012-02-07. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH