Thunder and Lightning (Vukašin Brajić song)
|"Thunder and Lightning"|
|Single by Vukašin Brajić|
|Format||Digital single, CD single|
|Writer(s)||Edin-Dino Šaran, Ulvija Tanović, Vukašin Brajić|
"Thunder and Lightning" (Bosnian: Munja i grom; Serbian Cyrillic: Муња и гром) is a song composed by Dino Šaran, Ulvija Tanović and Vukašin Brajić, and performed by Brajić. It was the Bosnia and Herzegovina entry at the Eurovision Song Contest 2010, performed in English.
The song was selected internally by Bosnian national broadcaster Radiotelevizija Bosne i Hercegovine (BHRT) from between 80 and 100 songs submitted to the broadcaster. Brajić was announced as the Bosnian entry on January 11, and both the English and Bosnian versions of the song were presented on March 14, 2010. Originally in Bosnian, it was confirmed on 17 March that Brajić will perform the song at Eurovision in English.
At the Eurovision Song Contest
Brajić performed the song in the First Semi Final of the Contest, performing 8th, between Serbia's Milan Stanković and Poland's Marcin Mroziński. Brajić gained 59 points, placing 8th and qualifying for the Grand Final of the Contest. According to the split jury-televote results, European juries placed his performance as 5th (86 points), while televoters were not as kind, placing him on the 11th spot (42 points), but ultimately averaging to the 8th place he achieved.
In the Grand Final, "Thunder and Lightning" did not do as well as in the Semi Final, getting 51 points and placing 17th. At that point in time, this was Bosnia and Herzegovina's worst placing since 1997, when the country placed 18th. Points for the song came from only 7 countries out of the remaining 38 participants, with the highest 12 points from Serbia, 10 points from Croatia and 8 from Turkey.
|Turkish Singles Chart||45|
- "Vukašin Brajić will perform in English". Oikotimes. 17 March 2010. Archived from the original on 24 March 2010. Retrieved 17 March 2010.
- Horvat, Ivan (31 December 2010). "BHRT to announce its representative on 11th January". ESCToday. Archived from the original on 17 January 2010. Retrieved 11 January 2010.
- Grillhofer, Florian (17 March 2010). "Vukasin Brajic presented Munja i grom". ESCToday. Retrieved 14 March 2010.
- Dahlander, Gustav (14 March 2010). "Vukašin Brajić will be singing Munja i grom in Oslo". European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 17 March 2010.
- Bakker, Sietse (28 June 2010). "EBU reveals split voting outcome, surprising results". EBU. Retrieved 28 June 2010.
- Diggiloo Thursh - Bosnia and Herzegovina Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "Scoreboard: Eurovision Song Contest 2010 Final". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 22 May 2011.
- "Turkish Singles Chart". Archived from the original on 5 March 2009. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- Official music video - YouTube