This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The IndUS Entrepreneurs (TiE) is a Silicon Valley non-profit supporting start-ups through networking and the raising of capital for new and experienced entrepreneurs. By 2000, it had helped create businesses worth more than $75 billion. Mahavir Pratap Sharma is the current chairman of TiE Global.
TiE was founded in 1992 by the trio of an Indian-American businessman and angel investor, Kanwal Rekhi; an MIT professor and founder of Cirrus Logic, Suhas Patil; and the founder of Gateway Design Automation, Prabhu Goel.
TiE has 60 chapters in 17 countries. It holds several events throughout the year to promote networking and raise capital for start-ups. TiE Global Summit II and TiE Inflect in Silicon Valley are the organization's flagship events. Besides the flagship events, the organization connects with its members through a series of annual gatherings, such as TiECON.
TiECON is an annual TiE event. The March 2018 TiECON was held in Mohali. It was organized by the Chandigarh Chapter President, Alok Ramsisaria, and Executive Director, Harpreet Minhas, at the Indian School of Business. Approximately 40 start-ups participated and a cumulative funding of ₹36 million (US $554,400) was raised. Prominent attendees at the event included the state's Chief Minister, Amarinder Singh, and the British High Commissioner to India, Dominic Asquith.
- Raj, Yashwant (2017-09-13). "Rahul Gandhi's US visit planned as part of 'new conversation' on India's future". The Hindustan Times.
- Whitehouse, Christine (2000-10-30). "The TiE That Binds". London: Time.
- "TiE Global Gets New Chairman For 2020". Economic Times. 2 January 2020. Retrieved 28 June 2020.
- Piscione, Deborah (2014). Secrets of Silicon Valley: What Everyone Else Can Learn from the Innovation Capital of the World. Palgrave Macmillan. p. 256. ISBN 9781137279170.
- "About TiE".
- "TiE Flagship Events".
- "TiE Regions and Chapters".
- "TiECON Chandigarh 2018 – A Mega Success in the Age of Disruption – Raises a Humungous Funding of 3.60 Crores". Peep India. 2018-03-19.
- Mehtal, Kamini (2018-03-09). "Tiecon 2018 setting new trends". The Times of India.