This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Indus Entrepreneurs, commonly known as TiE, has grown to 61 chapters in 18 countries around the world. TiE, now more than a “Indus” organization has chapters on 5 continents and hosts an international group of entrepreneurs at all stages of their entrepreneurial journeys.
The mission of the founding “Superheroes” of TiE stands today with the organization fostering entrepreneurship globally through networking, education, mentoring, incubating, and funding with the strong belief that the next generation of entrepreneurs will be the real superheroes of our time .
TiE has 61 chapters in 18 countries and 5 continents with a membership base of over 12,000. Across TiE's many chapters there are over 100 events held monthly, more than 30 TiEcons per year with the largest and most well known held in Silicon Valley, millions of dollars in angel investments, and hundreds of successful IPO's. TiE's main goal is to foster the next generation of entrepreneurs, creating the world's next superheroes.
TiE began in 1992 in Silicon Valley as The Indus Entrepreneurs. A revolutionary organization at the time whose founders had roots in South Asia and had come to the United States finding success, launching some of the regions most noteworthy companies of the 1990s and creating tremendous wealth. Not only was this group of entrepreneurs brave, fearless, visionaries, and thought leaders, they were mentors and educators to the next generation who founded TiE to give back.
- TYE (TiE Young entrepreneurs) is a TiE Global program that many Chapters organize and run across the world. TYE includes educational classroom sessions, mentoring and a business plan competition for High School students (grades 9-12). The business plan competition includes a written business plan and a verbal presentation. A cash prize and continued mentorship is given at the competition.
- TISC (TiE Startup Competition) is a 2 track competition held in partner with Rice University. The Investor Track is for startup companies with founders of all ages across the world. The global finals for the Investor Track are being held at Silicon Valley's largest entrepreneurial event, TiEcon in May 2016. The winner of the finals receives the opportunity to host a booth at TiEcon and pitch their companies to investors. For the Rice Track, the competitors must be university students with at least one student being at graduate level. There are 2 regional finals for this competition, Europe and Asia. The global finals are held at Rice University's annual Rice Business Plan Competition where teams compete for over $1 Million in prize money.
- TiE Talks - With this program TiE has the opportunity to share inside ideas and experiences from charter members (accomplished and seasoned entrepreneurs) . TiE Talks features informative videos and snippets from events such as TiEcon that are happening all over the globe with some of the brightest entrepreneurs out there!
- "TiE Young Entrepreneurs (TYE) Business Plan Competition - Info Session". GarysGuide. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "First TiE Young Entrepreneurs Business Plan Competition a Roaring Success". The Burton D. Morgan Foundation. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- "Rice Business Plan Competition - Rice Business Plan Competition". alliance.rice.edu. Retrieved 2015-12-10.
- TiEcon : The World’s Largest Conference for Entrepreneurs
- TiE50 Awards Program : Recognizing World's Most Enterprising Technology Startup