This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Indus Entrepreneurs, commonly known as TiE, is a not-for-profit network of entrepreneurs. The organization consists of 61 chapters in 18 countries around the world.
TiE has 61 chapters in 18 countries and 5 continents. Across TiE's chapters there are over 100 events held monthly, more than 30 TiEcons per year with the largest and most well known held in Silicon Valley.
TiE began in 1992 in Silicon Valley as The Indus Entrepreneurs, founded by entrepeneurs from South Asia.
- TYE (TiE Young entrepreneurs) is a TiE Global program that many Chapters organize and run across the world. TYE includes educational classroom sessions, mentoring and a business plan competition for High School students (grades 9-12). The business plan competition includes a written business plan and a verbal presentation. A cash prize and continued mentorship is given at the competition.
- TISC (TiE Startup Competition) is a 2 track competition held in partnership with Rice University. The Investor Track is for startup companies with founders of all ages across the world. The global finals for the Investor Track were held at Silicon Valley's largest entrepreneurial event, TiEcon in May 2016. The winner of the finals receives the opportunity to host a booth at TiEcon and pitch their companies to investors. For the Rice Track, the competitors must be university students with at least one student being at graduate level. There are 2 regional finals for this competition, Europe and Asia. The global finals are held at Rice University's annual Rice Business Plan Competition where teams compete for over $1 Million in prize money.
- TiE Talks – With this program TiE propagates inside ideas and experiences from charter members. TiE Talks features informative videos and snippets from worldwide events such as TiEcon.
- "TiE Young Entrepreneurs (TYE) Business Plan Competition – Info Session". GarysGuide. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "First TiE Young Entrepreneurs Business Plan Competition a Roaring Success". The Burton D. Morgan Foundation. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- "Rice Business Plan Competition – Rice Business Plan Competition". alliance.rice.edu. Retrieved 2015-12-10.