Tigran Tsitoghdzyan (Armenian: Տիգրան Ձիթողցյան) is a New York-based artist and painter. He was born in Yerevan, Armenia in 1976. By the age of ten Tigran's work was chosen to be displayed in a solo exhibition by Henrik Iguityan, founder and director of both the Modern Art Museum and Children's Art Museum, based in Yerevan. The exhibition featured over 100 of Tigran's paintings and also exhibited in Spain, Russia, Japan and the US.
In 1993 Tigran entered the Fine Art Academy of Yerevan and after graduating in 1999 moved to Europe to continue his education. That year he entered Ecole Cantonale d'Art du Valais in Switzerland where he earned a Bachelor's degree in 2002 and a Master of Art in the Public Sphere (MAPS) in 2005. Tigran arrived in New York in 2009.
In 2014 Visual Language Magazine dedicated to Tigran's recent series called "Mirrors" the cover of vol. 3 as well as an article "Tigran Tsitoghdzyan: Reflection in the Age of Technology", by Rebecca Killman. "Tigran is especially interested in how people interact in this new era of technology and social media. His images of mirrors suggest a close examination of self, and yet the hands held to the face in many pieces shield the subject from outright observation." "Tigran's work mixes portraiture and surrealism in a profound way" says Fjords Magazine, dedicating also the cover of Volume 2, Issue 3 of the magazine to one of his works. "At first glance it may look like photographs edited with photoshop or body painting masterpieces, but actually those are huge oil paintings", stated La Reppublica in the article about his paintings from the "Mirrors" series.
- Whitelocks, Sadie. "A very modern Madonna and Child: Iconic image gets a revamp with touching moment interrupted by an iPhone". Daily Mail. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- Killman, Rebecca (July 2014). "Tigran Tsitoghdzyan: Reflections in the Age of Technology". Visual Language Magazine. 3 (7). Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "Fjords Magazine about Tigran Tsitoghdzyan". Fjords Journal. 2. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "Oltre il fotoritocco, i volti che emergono dalle mani". La Repubblica (in Italian). 4 December 2013. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "'Mirror V' at the Phillips Auction". Phillips. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "Tigran Tsitoghdzyan at Artnet.com". Artnet. Retrieved 17 September 2014.