Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tikkun/Tikun/Tiqqun (תיקון) is a Hebrew word meaning "amending/fixing". It has several connotations in Judaism:
- Tikkun (book), a book of Torah scroll text
- Tohu and Tikkun, the two stages of Existence described in the Kabbalah of Isaac Luria
- Tikkun refers to the nightly/early morning synagogue readings on certain Jewish holidays, for example, Hoshana Rabbah
- Tikkun HaKlali, ten psalms that correspond to ten types of melody
- Tikkun olam, the popular Jewish concept of "mending the world"