This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011)
Tim Waterson is a Canadian drummer who holds the world record for the fastest number of double strokes on a bass drum using a double pedal, with a record of 1,407 in one minute (January 22, 2002).
Waterson started an organization to promote speed drumming as a sport. In 2006 he performed 1,075 single-stroke rolls on a bass drum in 60 seconds. 
In 2007 Waterson released a two-DVD set, Techniques, Motions and Applications for Bass Drum Playing.
Waterson uses the heel-toe technique and also invented the pump technique for fast single strokes. His use of the Vruk heel pedal system enables him to perform a modified version of heel-toe playing. Tim is profiled in the book Believe the Unbelievable by Bartley Press.
- ^ "How The ‘World’s Fastest Pedal’ Got Its Start". Drum Magazine, April 15, 2018, BY PHIL HOOD
- ^ "Axis Longboards - Double Pedals Review". Rockdrumming Underground, accessed Dec 7, 2019
- ^ Bathroom Readers' Institute. Uncle John's InfoMania Bathroom Reader For Kids Only!. Portable Press; 1 March 2013. ISBN 978-1-60710-790-3. p. 69.
- ^ a b "Edmonton Record Holders". Avenue Magazine, December 2010. by Omar Mouallem
- ^ "Heel Up vs. Heel Down Drumming – Bass Drum Technique". Drum.Radar website - accessed Dec 7, 2019