|Occupation||Fashion designer, DJ|
|Home town||Jacksonville, Florida|
Tim Weiland, popularly known as Timo Weiland, is an American fashion designer, disc jockey and entrepreneur, as well as the co-founder and creative director of the Timo Weiland brand. Timo Weiland was born in Omaha, Nebraska and raised in Jacksonville, Florida.
Timo Weiland studied economics, Spanish literature, and business management at Vanderbilt University before moving to the fashion and design industry. When he graduated in 2006, he worked as a corporate analyst in investment banking for Deutsche Bank Securities, Inc. in New York City. In that same year, Weiland founded TIMO!, a collection of graphic wallets.
In 2009, Weiland co-founded a brand and business development consulting firm for startups. It was through this consulting venture that he met his business partner, Alan Eckstein. Weiland co-founded the clothing brand Timo Weiland with Alan Eckstein and Donna Kang.
Weiland, creative director of the Timo Weiland brand, and Eckstein, design director, climbed up the DJ circuit under the stage name "Timo+Alan" and performed at New York City hotspots such as the Soho Grand Hotel, the Red Egg, and The Brooklyn Museum.
In the summer of 2018, Weiland cofounded The Lead, a vertical media company designed to help fashion and lifestyle retailers find business opportunities in the technology market. The Lead serves as a "bridge" between the fashion and technology communities by organizing events and producing a quarterly publication.
Recognition for work in fashion
Style Caster called Tim Weiland one of the top ten breakout fashion designers of 2010. In 2011, Timo Weiland was nominated for the Ecco Domani award for his women’s and men’s lines. Weiland was later selected to sit on the Council of Fashion Designers of America’s Fashion Incubator program alongside Christian Cota. Tim Weiland was also an International Woolmark prize finalist in 2013. In 2014, Timo Weiland won the Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation Award. He was part of the 2012-14 Fashion Incubator Class, a business development program that supports the next generation of fashion designers in New York City. It was announced in September 2015 that Weiland would be working with Banana Republic to produce a capsule collection for the Spring 2016 line.
In 2016, Weiland's brand received the inaugural CFDA x Cadillac Retail lab grant of $75,000 and three months of retail space at Cadillac's world headquarters in New York City. Later that same year, Weiland's company was named the style director for Crowne Plaza and debuted a line of uniforms for the hotel chain. Weiland was recognized by Forbes for opening his first brick-and-mortar retail location in a partnership with Zenni Optical.
- Grosso, Caroline (July 14, 2015). "Timo Weiland's Summer Jams". W Magazine. Retrieved August 28, 2015.
- Elliott, Hannah. "Timo Weiland: Look Here For Shearling, Tartan and Fur". Forbes. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- Holmes, Sally. "Timo Weiland's Designers Love a 'Crunched-Up Blazer,' Are Strongly Opposed to 'Anything Sheer'". The Cut. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Ten U.S. Designers In The Running For International Woolmark Prize". Daily Front Row. Archived from the original on 30 June 2013. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- Clements, Erin (26 August 2011). "Timo Weiland: Just Asking". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- Cheryl Lu-Lien Tan (24 December 2013). "Dress for a Wintry Weekend". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "Timo Weiland". The Coveteur. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "JCDS Alumni". Jacksonville Country Day School. Archived from the original on 11 April 2013. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- Mary Hanan; Joanna Weinstein (30 December 2013). "Banker follows his passion, goes into fashion". CNBC. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "Timo Weiland". Rope. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- Lawhorne, Jonathan. "Timo Wallets". Cool Hunting. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- Adams, Susan. "2014 30 under 30: Art & Style". Forbes. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "5 Awesome NYC DJ Duos". Guest of a Guest. Archived from the original on 25 October 2014. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- Baenen, Alison. "Timo Weiland". Style.com. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "The Lead Announces The Defiant 25, Explores Market Innovation In Fashion, Retail And Technology". Retrieved 16 May 2019.
- "These Are the 50 Digitally Native Brands You'll See Everywhere in 2019". Retrieved 16 May 2019.
- "Top 10 Breakout Designers of 2009". Style Caster. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "Spring 2013 READY-TO-WEAR Timo Weiland". Style Magazine. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "Introducing The 2014 Victors Of The Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation Grant". Daily Front Row. Archived from the original on 18 January 2014. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- Dee, Britanny (May 20, 2014). "CFDA, Target Celebrated Fashion Incubator Class at Hoffman Hall". fashiontimes.com. Retrieved 4 May 2015.
- "CFDA Fashion Incubator". cfda.com. Retrieved 4 May 2015.
- Peoples, Lindsay (September 2, 2015). "Banana Republic Gets a Little Edge". New York Magazine. Retrieved October 26, 2016.
- Yotka, Steff (April 5, 2016). "The CFDA and Cadillac Have a Plan to Boost Fashion Retail". Vogue. Retrieved July 13, 2016.
- Trejos, Nancy (September 12, 2016). "Crowne Plaza Employees to be Dressed by Designer Timo Weiland". USA Today. Retrieved October 26, 2016.
- "Crowne Plaza Brand Announces Timo Weiland As Style Director for the Americas Region". InterContinental Hotels Group. September 12, 2016. Retrieved October 26, 2016.
- "Watch Out, Warby Parker: Zenni Optical's Affordability Makes Having An Eyewear Wardrobe Possible". 10 November 2016.