Licensure and trademark
AWI licenses this trademark to be used by affiliated vendors on their products as a certification mark that the product conforms to a set of standards laid by the organization. AWI claims that the mark is employed on textile products as an assurance that the product is made of 100% pure new wool. It signifies the brand of wool. The logo was designed by Italian graphic artist Francesco Saroglia (an alias of Italian architect, graphic designer and artist Franco Grignani) and introduced in 1964.
International Woolmark Prize
Woolmark now runs the International Woolmark Prize that recognises outstanding designers across the globe.  Originally launched in 1953 with winners Yves Saint Laurent and Karl Lagerfeld, it was suspended. In 2012 it was revived and now over 60 designers internationally are involved. 
The Woolmark Company
The Woolmark Company is a subsidiary of Australian Wool Innovation (AWI), a nonprofit organization that conducts research, development and marketing along the global supply chain for Australian wool on behalf of approximately 60,000 woolgrowers that cooperatively fund the company.
The Woolmark Company announced a partnership with Adidas and the Boston Athletic Association to design and manufacture the first Best in Class running shirts, which will be given to the top twenty 2018 Boston Marathon finishers in each age group. The shirts will be made of 75 percent merino wool and 25 percent polyamide (nylon).
- Australian Wool Innovation Limited.
- Australian Wool Innovation Limited. 'About AWI'.
- Logodesignlove. 'Woolmark logo'.
- "Quality of wool".
- Visual Arts Data Service.
- "International Woodmark Prize.publisher=International Woodmark Prize". Retrieved 2015-04-20.
- "International Woodmark Prize SS15". Men Magazine. 2015-04-25. Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- Staff, Writer (2018-03-12). "Adidas, Woolmark partner to develop t-shirts for Boston Marathon". Fashion Network. Retrieved 2018-03-13.