Westergren at the 2010 Time 100 Gala
Timothy Brooks Westergren|
December 21, 1965
Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.
|Occupation||Co-founder of Pandora Radio|
Westergren was born in 1965 in Minneapolis. He attended boarding school, Cranbrook Kingswood, during his high school years. He graduated from Stanford University with a B.A. in political science. Following his graduation, Westergren spent twenty years working as a record producer and composer (working as a nanny in between jobs), devoting the majority of his time to emerging artists and independent labels.
As an early project, Westergren and Glaser created the Music Genome Project, a mathematical algorithm to organize music. As the company's chief strategy officer, Westergren spends the majority of his time traveling the nation and gathering feedback from Pandora Radio users. In 2010 he was listed by Time magazine as one among the 100 most influential people in the world.
In April 2016, Pandora Media announced that Tim Westergren would replace Brian McAndrews as CEO. He had previously served as CEO and president from May 2002 to July 2004.
In June 2017, he announced that he is going to step down as CEO.
- "Corporate Team". Pandora. 2010-05-04.
Tim Westergren founded Pandora in January 2000 and now serves as its Chief Strategy Officer. Tim is an award-winning composer, an accomplished musician and a record producer with 20 years of experience in the music industry.
- "Pandora at Stanford: Beginnings, with Tim Westergren '88". Events.stanford.edu. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- "Startup Strategies: Advice from successful entrepreneurs about making it-- and learning from failure". SUCCESS magazine. SUCCESS Media. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- Kurt Andersen (April 29, 2010). "The 2010 Time 100: Tim Westergren". Time magazine. Retrieved 2010-05-06.
A former rock and jazz musician, Westergren had a big idea in 1999: the Music Genome Project, a typology for categorizing any piece of music according to nearly 2,000 traits identified by Pandora's experts. ...
- Chandler, Michele. "Pandora Founder Tim Westergren Returns As CEO, Stock Hits Sour Note". Investor's Business Daily. investors.com. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- "Pandora Media's CEO Tim Westergren to step down: Recode". Reuters. 25 June 2017.
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|