This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Available in||Traditional Chinese、Simplified Chinese、English|
|Alexa rank||25538 (July 2014[update])|
|Launched||14 July 2010|
Timable is an online event listing platform in Hong Kong, consisting of websites and mobile apps, co-founded by Sam Yuen and Mike Ko in 2010. It covers events happening in town, ranging from concerts, dramas, exhibitions, festivals, events for family, etc.
Timable, an original word, means "able to time" according to the explanation on its website. The letter "e" is omitted in the word based on common English grammar, like "scalable", "writable". Timable represents vision of the platform – to search by time. Users can search for events, matching their spare time. However, the name is often mistaken as "timeable" or "timetable". At the moment, there is no corresponding Chinese name for Timable.
Contents are contributed by event organizers in Web 2.0 approach, or published by Timable Editors. By end of 2013, over 23,000 events are recorded.
- 2010-07-11: Launch of Facebook page
- 2010-07-14: Official launch of Timable.com
- 2010-09: Launch of mobile website
- 2011–12: Joined Cyberport incubation programme
- 2012-04: Timable co-operates with Yahoo! Hong Kong and launches "Timable on Yahoo!"
- 2012-08-31: Release of iPhone app
- 2013-10-13: Release of Android app
- 2010: Awarded Cyberport Creative Micro Fund (CCMF)
- 2011: 2011 Top 10 .hk Website Competition – Merit Prize in SME Group
- 2013-04-08: Hong Kong ICT Awards 2013 – Best Mobile Apps (Mobile Marketing) Silver Award
- 2011-03-03: Article by Samson Tam – published on local newspaper Sing Tao Daily and website hksilicon.com
- 2012-01-29: Interview by Asia Television (www.hkatv.com)
- 2012-06-06: Interview by One Media Trading Express
- 2012-10-22: Interview by STHeadline
- 2013-03-25: Report by TVB Weekly
- 2013-08-05: Interview by Apple Daily
- 2013-08-07: Interview by Hong Kong Economic Times
- 2013-11-14: Report by STHeadline
- 2013-12-27: Interview by i-CABLE News Channel
- "Timable.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Cyberport Incubation Programme".
- "Cyberport Incubatees & Alumni".
- "Report by local newspaper Ming Pao about "Timable on Yahoo!"".
- "Report by online magazine Wewonwon about "Timable on Yahoo!"". Archived from the original on 22 February 2014.