Sugandh was born in Mumbai and moved with her family to New Jersey when she was five months old. Her mother, Geeta Sugandh, sang on the radio and at various functions while her father, Kanaiya, was a master of ceremonies, singer, and comedian.
At 15, Sugandh was discovered by Sean Harris, a screenwriter and creative mentor. Harris eventually convinced Sugandh that she should pursue music as a career and, to that end, spent time working on a demo. Between her studies as a biology major at Rutgers University (where she eventually graduated on the Dean's List), and weekend performances with her family, Sugandh worked with Harris, who arranged photo shoots and studio time for her and encouraged her to write her own music.
Sean Sullivan and Jay Jay French (Twisted Sister, Sevendust) signed her to their new company, Rebellion Entertainment. They spent the next year developing her songs and creating new demos. These demos lead to a publishing deal with Warner/Chappell Music and a Sony deal.
Her original album was intended to be released by Hollywood Records. However, the album was never released.
Sugandh has written and recorded over 60 songs. In 2008, her remix of "Break Me" reached #4 on the Billboard Dance Chart. "Break Me" was also on the premiere episode of the new "Melrose Place" series.
In 2010, Sugandh released a single entitled "So Good", which features Fat Joe.
- River of Dreams - Around The World In 80 Days (2004)
- There Is No Alternative (T.I.N.A.) - Ice Princess (2005)
- White Christmas - Christmas With The Kranks (2004)
- Lift Off - Raise Your Voice
- I Be What I Be - Masala! Mehndi! Masti! Festival (2005)
- Theme song from Hope & Faith with Kelly Ripa (2005)
- Break it Down - The Clique (2008)
- So Good Feat. Fat Joe - (2010)
- Adventure - Hanna's Gold (2011)
Her first album, TablaGirl, came out on May 12, 2009 was released independently.
-  Ringo Starr discusses working with Tina Sugandh on a song
- http://www.tinasugandh.com - Tina Sugandh Homepage
- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2751905/ - IMDB
- http://hollywoodrecords.go.com/tinasugandh/ - Hollywood Records
- http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/music/item_kD4cmVgGGvhWXKjLvUfIfN - New York Post : "Fab Jersey Girl is Subcontinental"