"To You" was recorded by Glenn Miller and His Orchestra with vocals by Ray Eberle and released as an RCA Bluebird 78. Glenn Miller also performed the song at the 1939 Carnegie Hall Concert, which was released in 1958 by RCA Victor on the album The Glenn Miller Carnegie Hall Concert. "To You" appeared as part of a medley by Glenn Miller and his Orchestra, paired with "Stairway to the Stars", both sung by Ray Eberle at the live performance at Carnegie Hall on October 6, 1939. Glenn Miller recorded "To You" for Bluebird records on May 9, 1939 released as Bluebird 10276-B, with the "A" side, "Stairway To The Stars" both sung by Ray Eberle. Ella Fitzgerald and Paul Whiteman also recorded the song with Joan Edwards on vocals. The song was featured by Harry Richman in the International Casino Revue Hello Beautiful in 1939.
Tommy Dorsey and his orchestra released the song as a Victor 78 in 1939, 26234. According to the tsort.info database, "To You" reached no. 10 on the Billboard chart, staying on the chart for 7 weeks.
- "Solid! - The Glenn Miller Carnegie Hall Concert".
- Flower, John. Moonlight Serenade: A Bio-discography. Arlington House, New Rochelle, 1972. p. 63. ISBN 978-0-87000-161-1
- Flower, John. Moonlight Serenade: A Bio-discography of the Glenn Miller Civilian Band. Arlington House, New Rochelle, 1972, p.63 ISBN 978-0-87000-161-1
- Levinson, Peter J. Tommy Dorsey: Livin' in a Great Big Way: a Biography. Cambridge, MA: Da Capo Press, 2005. ISBN 978-0-306-81111-1
- Stockdale. Robert L. Tommy Dorsey: On The Side. Metuchen, NJ: The Scarecrow Press, 1995. ISBN 978-0-8108-2951-0
- Online versions of the 1939 recordings by Tommy Dorsey and Glenn Miller on the Jazz Anthology website.
|This 1930s song article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a jazz standard or composition written in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|