Todor Todorov (sculptor)
Totem (2009) by Todor Todorov, Hamilton Scotland
|Awards||International Kinetic Art Competition winner – 2004 & 2005|
Todor Todorov is a Bulgarian sculptor. He studied his masters at National Academy of Arts in Sofia, Bulgaria and graduated in 1977. Since 1975 he has primarily produced large scale works in the area of public sculpture and elemental sculpture[clarification needed]. His kinetic sculpture "Dance" was one of the 19 directly invited/awarded sculptures placed permanently in the Olympic Buildings for the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. Other kinetic sculptures of Todor Todorov can be seen at Artparks Sculpture Park, Guernsey UK, Sculpture by the Sea, Sydney, Venice Sculpture Park, designed by Carlo Scarpa etc. In 2004 and 2005 he won First Prize awards for Kinetic Sculpture in the Kinetic Art Organization's International Kinetic Art Competition, in Palm Beach, Florida, USA. One of his bronze sculpture "Totem" has been placed at the New Town Square of Hamilton, Scotland for the Millennium celebration.
- Todor Todorov Sculptor profile – ArtParkS Sculpture Park – Bringing Sculpture into the Open. Todor-todorov.artparks.co.uk (11 March 2016). Retrieved on 2016-03-25.
- Kineticus the Data Base for kinetic Art. Kineticus.com. Retrieved on 25 March 2016.
- The sculpture reference by Arthur Williams – United States ISBN 0-9755383-0-6
- LA sculpture en acier by Philippe Clerin – France ISBN 2-249-27941-1
- Art Parks International
- Todor Todorov – home page
- Royal British Society Of Sculptors website
- International Sculpture Center Sculptor Directory "Todor Todorov, ARBS"
|This article about a Bulgarian sculptor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|