Tofte is best known for Södra Cell Tofte, a cellulose factory which is the major industry in Tofte. Statkraft Hurum salt plant (Statkraft Hurum saltkraftverk), the world's first saline power plant based on osmosis, was opened by the energy company Statkraft during 2009.   Crown Princess Mette-Marit opened the plant.  In May 2014, Statkraft and Södra signed a letter of intent under which Statkraft acquired Södra Cell Tofte. Statkraft subsequently formed Tofte Biomass Hub with the goal of establishing biofuel production based on raw forest material. 
- Södra Cell Tofte (Södra) Archived 2011-07-28 at the Wayback Machine.
- Statkraft Hurum saltkraftverk (Statkraft)
- "Crown Princess of Norway to open the world's first osmotic power plant". Statkraft AS. October 7, 2009. Archived from the original on April 29, 2012. Retrieved October 1, 2017.
- "Statkraft to Acquire Södra Cell Tofte, Plans Biofuel Production". PaperAge. May 15, 2014. Retrieved October 1, 2017.
- "Statkraft's Tofte Wood Chip Manufacturing site". Statkraft AS. Retrieved October 1, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tofte.|
|This Buskerud location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|