Tom E. Huff
Thomas Elmer Huff
|Born||Thomas Elmer Huff|
January 8, 1938
Tarrant County, Texas, U.S.
|Died||January 16, 1990 (aged 52)|
Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.
|Pen name||Edwina Marlow|
T. E. Huff
Katherine St. Clair
Tom E. Huff
|Genre||gothic fiction, romance|
Thomas Elmer Huff (born January 8, 1938 in Tarrant County, Texas, United States - d. January 16, 1990 in Fort Worth, Texas) was a best-selling American author of 23 gothic and romance novels as T. E. Huff and Tom E. Huff and under the female pen names Edwina Marlow, Beatrice Parker, Katherine St. Clair, and Jennifer Wilde.
- 1 Careers
- 2 Bibliography
- 3 See also
- 4 References
Thomas Elmer Huff was born on January 8, 1938 in Tarrant County, Texas, United States. He graduated from Poly High School and from Texas Wesleyn College in 1960. He spent several years as English teacher at R. L. Paschal High School before becoming a novelist.
He wrote gothic novels for nine years under the pseudonyms Edwina Marlow, Beatrice Parker, T. E. Huff, and Katherine St. Clair. In 1976, Huff adopted the pseudonym Jennifer Wilde when he began writing historical romance novels. His first release, Love's Tender Fury, had 41 printings in its first five years, and his second historical romance, Dare to Love, spent 11 weeks on the New York Times paperback bestseller list. His historical romances were noted for being written in first-person, from the heroine's perspective. Many of his books also featured multiple male protagonists, and "the man who first captures the heroine's heart isn't always the one who ends up with it."
Huff earned a Career Achievement Award in 1987-1988 from Romantic Times.
Some of his novels are reedited under the pseudonym of Jennifer Wilde or under different titles
As Edwina Marlow
- The Master of Phoenix Hall (1968)
- Falconridge (1969)
- When Emmalyn Remembers (1970)
- The Lady of Lyon House (1970)
- Danger At Dahlkari (1975)
- Midnight At Mallyncourt (1975)
As Beatrice Parker
- Come to Castlemoor (1970)
- Betrayal At Blackcrest (1971)
- Stranger By the Lake (1971)
- Wherever Lynn Goes (1975)
- Jamintha (1975)
As T. E. Huff
- Nine Bucks Row (1973) aka Susannah, Beware
- Meet a Dark Stranger (1974) aka Whisper in the Darkness
As Katherine St. Clair
- Room Beneath the Stairs (1975)
As Jennifer Wilde
Marietta Danver Trilogy
- Love's Tender Fury (1976)
- Love Me, Marietta (1981)
- When Love Commands (1984)
- Dare to Love (1978)
- Once More, Miranda (1983)
- Angel in Scarlet (1986)
- The Slipper (1987)
- They Call Her Dana (1989)
As Tom E. Huff
- Marabelle (1980)
- Allen, Jennifer (November 1981), "Reaping the Wild Rewards of Romance", Life, retrieved 2007-07-06
- Bradford, Rebekah (August 6, 2006), "'86's 'Angel' still 'Wilde' read for fan", The Post and Courier (Charleston, South Carolina), retrieved 2007-07-06
- "1987-1988 Winners". Romantic Times. 1988. Archived from the original on 2007-08-07. Retrieved 2007-07-06.