|Tatsumi "Tom" Yoda|
May 27, 1940 |
Chikuma, Nagano, Japan
|Other names||Thomas Yoda|
|Alma mater||Meiji University|
|Known for||being one of the founders of Avex Group
Tokyo International Film Festival
a pillar in Japanese entertainment
In 1969, he became Sansui Electric's director until 1988, the year he founded TY Limited (then Thomas Yoda Limited).
In 1999, he joined Gaga Communications as a director.
Due to a feud with Matsuura over unknown circumstances, Yoda resigned as Avex's chairman in 2004, but reappointed as honorary chairman until 2005.
As of now, he has his own entertainment company called TY Entertainment.
Other Institutions Served
Aside from Avex and Sansui:
- Osada Electric (1969)
- International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (2000 – 2004)
- Japan/China Year 2002
- Cabinet Secretariat of Japan (2002 – 2007)
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2003)
- Japan/Korea Friendship Year 2005
- The Foundation for Promotion of Music, Industry and Culture (2001 – 2006)
- The Japan-China Exchange Year of Culture and Sports 2007
- Rakuten Inc. (2003 – 2011)
- About Tom Yoda (in English)