The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Iowa City, Iowa
|Education||University of Iowa|
|Known for||Printmaking, drawing, painting|
Tomás Lasansky (born 1957) is an American artist. He lives in Iowa City, Iowa. His work relates to the Native American culture of the south-western United States. He is the son of Mauricio Lasansky.
Lasansky learnt the standard techniques of printmaking – hard- and soft-ground etching, engraving, aquatint, scraping and burnishing – from his father, and in the early 1970s began working as his printing assistant.:12
- Mauricio Lasansky, in: Ann Lee Morgan (2007). Oxford Dictionary of American Art and Artists. Oxford; New York: Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780195128789. Page 274.
- Charles R. Loving (2014). "Tomás Lasansky," in Mauricio and Tomás Lasansky: Father and Son. South Bend, IN: Snite Museum of Art, University of Notre Dame.
- Stewart Oksenhorn (February 22, 2008). A unique perspective from a family art man. The Aspen Times Weekly.
- Evan Gillespie (February 5, 2015). Lasansky exhibit highlights father's influence. South Bend Tribune.
- Mauricio and Tomás Lasansky: Father and Son. South Bend, IN: Snite Museum of Art, University of Notre Dame.