Tommy Angelo (poker player)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
August 25, 1958|
Tommy Angelo (born August 25, 1958) is an Oakland, California professional poker player, writer, and coach. Angelo was a career musician in the 1980s, performing rock and country on drums and piano. In 1990, he became a full-time professional poker player. Since then has since written 100 magazine articles, written and produced 18 poker training videos, and written and published three books on poker.
In May 2011, Tommy released his second book entitled A Rubber Band Story and Other Poker Tales, which contains a collection of articles, blogs, and stories from Tommy Angelo's last 12 years of writing as a poker professional.
On 14 March 2017, Tommy released his third book, Painless Poker.
Since 2003, Angelo has offered one-on-on poker coaching called The T i l t l e s s Program. He has coached many top-flight poker players, including Jay Rosenkrantz, Phil Galfond, and David Benefield.
With Wayne Lively and Rob Cole, Angelo produced an eight-episode poker-coaching video series titled The Eightfold Path to Poker Enlightenment (EPTPE) that focuses on the role of psychology for professional poker players. The title of the series derives from one of the principal teachings of the Buddha, the Eightfold Path. EPTPE was released during the summer of 2009 at DeucesCracked.
In 2015, Tommy became a coach for the poker training site, Run It Once. His videos focus on mental game topics for professional poker players.
Tommy plays drums, piano, guitar, and bass, and produces his own music, sometimes with a band called Just Another Band. In 1980, Tommy self-released the LP A Work of Aardvark under the name "Tom Angelo". In 2001, he released a six track CD album of poker-related songs entitled I'm Running Bad.
Angelo has appeared as a guest on these podcasts: TwoPlusTwo Pokercast, DeucePlays podcast with Bart Hanson of DeucesCracked, Pokercast.com, HouseofCardsRadio.com, ruKusradio.com, and Badugi All-Stars, ThinkingPoker.net, RedChipPoker.com, Poker Live Podcast with Joey Ingram, KristyArnett.com, TexasHoldemRadio.com, PokerMindCoach.com with Elliot Roe, HighRollerRadio.net, and PokerNews.com.
Tommy is also related to famous graphic designer/street wear designer Willie Angelo from Denver, Colorado.
- CNBC: Are you a ‘results-oriented’ investor? If so, you’re making a big mistake, says top poker thinker
- "Bluff Archives: Tommy Angelo". Archived from the original on 2012-07-30. Retrieved 2010-05-28.
- "Articles by Tommy Angelo PokerNews". www.pokernews.com. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Rubber Band Story". Retrieved 2017-08-18.
- "Tommy Angelo Presents His New Book 'Painless Poker'". Retrieved 2017-08-18.
- "Tommy Angelo Q&A". Archived from the original on 2012-09-09. Retrieved 2010-05-28.
- Q&A with Tommy Angelo
- "Tommy Angelo - Run It Once". Runitonce.com.
- "Original Songs and Renderings from The Eightfold Path to Poker Enlightenment". Retrieved 2010-05-31.
- "TwoPlusTwo PokerCast with guest Tommy Angelo". Retrieved 2010-05-28.
- "DeucePlays Podcast with guest Tommy Angelo". Retrieved 2010-05-28.
- "PokerCast.com". Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- "House of Cards Radio". Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- "ruKusradio.com". Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- "Badugi All-Stars - Guest: Tommy Angelo (Part 1)".
- "Badugi All-Stars - Guest: Tommy Angelo (Part 2)".
- "Episode 192: More Tommy Angelo – Thinking Poker". www.thinkingpoker.net. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Painless Poker with Tommy Angelo | Red Chip Poker". Red Chip Poker. 2017-04-17. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- joeingram1 (2016-05-25), Guest Tommy Angelo : Poker Life Podcast, retrieved 2017-04-21
- "Drunk WTF Moment to Zen with Tommy Angelo – Kristy Arnett". Kristy Arnett. 2016-10-05. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Wade Andrews | Texas Holdem Radio | March 2017".
- "Episode 59 – Tommy Angelo on Playing Painless Poker | Poker Mind Coach". www.pokermindcoach.com. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- HighRollerRadioTV (2017-03-27), Are You Playing Painless Poker? "The Pain is Unique!" Tommy Angelo Q&A, retrieved 2017-04-21
- "PokerNews Podcast Episode 437: Painless Poker with Tommy Angelo". Retrieved 2017-04-21.