Tommy Angelo (poker player)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||August 25, 1958|
Tommy Angelo (born August 25, 1958) is an Oakland, California professional poker player, writer, and coach. Angelo was a career musician in the 1980s, performing rock and country on drums and piano. In 1990, he became a full-time professional poker player. Since then has since written 100 magazine articles, written and produced 18 poker training videos, and written and published three books on poker.
Angelo has written and self-published five books. Four of them are about poker. The fifth is about meditation.
On December 13, 2007, Tommy release his first book, Elements of Poker.
On May 1, 2011, Tommy released his second book, A Rubber Band Story and Other Poker Tales.
On March 14, 2017, Tommy released his third book, Painless Poker.
On October 23, 2018, Tommy released his fourth book, Waiting for Straighters
On February 11, 2019, Tommy released his fifth book, Dailyness: How to Sustain a Meditation Practice
Since 2003, Angelo has offered one-on-on poker coaching called The T i l t l e s s Program. He has coached many top-flight poker players, including Jay Rosenkrantz, Phil Galfond, and David Benefield.
With Wayne Lively and Rob Cole, Angelo produced an eight-episode poker-coaching video series titled The Eightfold Path to Poker Enlightenment (EPTPE) that focuses on the role of psychology for professional poker players. The title of the series derives from one of the principal teachings of the Buddha, the Eightfold Path. EPTPE was released during the summer of 2009 at DeucesCracked.
In 2015, Tommy became a coach for the poker training site, Run It Once. His videos focus on mental game topics for professional poker players.
Tommy plays drums, piano, guitar, and bass, and produces his own music, sometimes with a band called Just Another Band. In 1980, Tommy self-released the LP A Work of Aardvark under the name "Tom Angelo". In 2001, he released a six track CD album of poker-related songs entitled I'm Running Bad.
Angelo has appeared as a guest on these podcasts: TwoPlusTwo Pokercast, DeucePlays podcast with Bart Hanson of DeucesCracked, Pokercast.com, HouseofCardsRadio.com, ruKusradio.com, and Badugi All-Stars, ThinkingPoker.net, RedChipPoker.com, Poker Live Podcast with Joey Ingram, KristyArnett.com, TexasHoldemRadio.com, PokerMindCoach.com with Elliot Roe, HighRollerRadio.net, and PokerNews.com.
- "Tommy Angelo Q&A". Archived from the original on September 9, 2012. Retrieved May 28, 2010.
- Q&A with Tommy Angelo
- "Tommy Angelo - Run It Once". Runitonce.com.
- "Original Songs and Renderings from The Eightfold Path to Poker Enlightenment". Retrieved May 31, 2010.
- "TwoPlusTwo PokerCast with guest Tommy Angelo". Retrieved May 28, 2010.
- "DeucePlays Podcast with guest Tommy Angelo". Retrieved May 28, 2010.
- "PokerCast.com". Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- "House of Cards Radio". Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- "ruKusradio.com". Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- "Badugi All-Stars - Guest: Tommy Angelo (Part 1)".
- "Badugi All-Stars - Guest: Tommy Angelo (Part 2)".
- "Episode 192: More Tommy Angelo – Thinking Poker". www.thinkingpoker.net. Retrieved April 21, 2017.
- "Painless Poker with Tommy Angelo | Red Chip Poker". Red Chip Poker. April 17, 2017. Retrieved April 21, 2017.
- joeingram1 (May 25, 2016), Guest Tommy Angelo : Poker Life Podcast, retrieved April 21, 2017
- "Drunk WTF Moment to Zen with Tommy Angelo – Kristy Arnett". Kristy Arnett. October 5, 2016. Retrieved April 21, 2017.
- "Wade Andrews | Texas Holdem Radio | March 2017". Archived from the original on April 22, 2017.
- "Episode 59 – Tommy Angelo on Playing Painless Poker | Poker Mind Coach". www.pokermindcoach.com. Retrieved April 21, 2017.
- HighRollerRadioTV (March 27, 2017), Are You Playing Painless Poker? "The Pain is Unique!" Tommy Angelo Q&A, retrieved April 21, 2017
- "PokerNews Podcast Episode 437: Painless Poker with Tommy Angelo". Retrieved April 21, 2017.