Tomofun is an international pet technology startup founded in 2014 by Victor Chang and mentored by Steve Chang, chairman of the global software security company Trend Micro. Tomofun's debut product, Furbo, an interactive pet camera, was launched through the crowdfunding website Indiegogo in 2016 and became one of the fastest growing crowdfunding campaigns in history, reaching its crowdfunding goal in less than 8 hours.
Furbo, launched in April 2016 through an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign, is an interactive pet camera that features 2-way audio, live video streaming, and an innovative "treat-popping" feature that allows users to launch treats in the air in order to remotely play and interact with their pets. It has been featured in online consumer tech publications including The Verge, TechCrunch, and Gizmodo and has become one of the fastest growing crowdfunding campaigns on Indiegogo.
- "Hong Kong Company List - Tomofun". HongKongCompanyList.
- Anthony Ha says: (April 26, 2016). "Furbo is a dog camera that lets you share treats remotely — Techcrunch". Techcrunch. Retrieved May 13, 2016.
- Ashley Carman says: (May 9, 2016). "Furbo Pet Camera — The Verge". The Verge. Retrieved May 13, 2016.
- Alex Cranz says: (May 3, 2016). "Furbo Pet Camera — Gizmodo". Gizmodo. Retrieved May 13, 2016.
- Marshall Smith says: (May 10, 2016). "The Furbo Lets You Spy on Your Dogs and Throw Them Treats While You're Away - Industry Tap". Industry Tap. Retrieved May 13, 2016.
- Natt Garun says: (April 26, 2016). "Furbo lets you catapult treats at your dog when you're not around - The Next Web". The Next Web. Retrieved May 13, 2016.