||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Tony Granger is the global chief creative officer of the New York-based global advertising agency Young & Rubicam.
Since arriving at Young & Rubicam in 2008, Granger has attracted some of the industry’s best creative talent and fully integrated digital into the agency.
He has also built a global creative community in both spirit and practice. As a result, all of Y&R's clients — anywhere in the world — get access to precisely the right creative talent they need to create the most appropriate and powerful work.
It’s also earned great industry recognition. At this past Cannes Lions in June 2015, Y&R won 89 Lions across 15 categories, holding its rank as the fourth most winning agency network of the year for the fourth consecutive year. Y&R had more offices winning Lions than any other network. In addition, Y&R Team Red Istanbul won the Grand Prix in Media for its Red Light App to protect women from domestic abuse.
Before joining Y&R, Granger spent five years at Saatchi & Saatchi, where he took Saatchi New York to the number one agency at Cannes. There, too, he led the agency’s creative transformation. He led a similar renaissance at Bozell New York, where he took the agency to number three in the world. Granger began his career in his native South Africa, where he led TBWA/Hunt Lascaris, a shop of proud heritage and creative pedigree.
Granger and his agencies have won many awards, and he’s been fortunate to serve as president of several international juries, most recently serving as the Outdoor Jury President at Cannes in 2013. But he’s most proud to have shaped top creative agencies, and worked with the world’s most sought-after clients on some of the most recognized and influential global brands. He is excited about the future of the business and this industry.
- "YR.com: Tony Granger". Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "shots.com: Tony Granger".
- "American Association of Advertising Agencies". Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "businesswire.com: Cannes".
- "adweek.com: Y&R".
- "fortune.com: Red Light App".
- "Cannes Lions Award Winners". Adforum. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- Paoletta, Michael. The Billboard Q&A Tony Granger. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "adage.com: Cannes Jury".
- I Have An Idea's Extrava-Cannes-za 2010 (interview, 5 July 2010)
- Young & Rubicam is Young Again, (press release, quoted, 27 June 2010):
- SHOOT magazine: Prelude to 50th Anniversary Series - Then, Now, and Looking Ahead, (feature, 7 May 2010)
- SHOOT magazine article - Head to Head series, (quoted, 7 May 2010)
- LatinSpots, (interview, 4 May 2010)
- Head to Head series, (quoted, 9 May 2010), Ad Age
- I Have An Idea, (interview, 30 March 2010)
- Cream, (interview, 11 August 2010)