Top hat (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up top hat, tophat, or top-hat in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A top hat is a tall hat worn primarily in the 19th and early 20th century.
Top hat, Top Hat, Tophat or Top-hat may also refer to:
- Top Hat, a 1935 film starring Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers
- Top Hat (musical), a 2011 stage musical adapted from the 1935 film
- Top hat (lighting), a theatrical lighting device
- Top hat (roller coaster element)
- TopHat (telescope), a balloon-borne experiment to measure the cosmic microwave background
- Top Hat (TUGS), a recurring character in the children's television series TUGS
- Top Hat 25 and Top Hat 27, Australian-made sailing yachts
- Top-hat filter, a signal filtering technique
- Top-hat transform, a mathematics morphological operation
- TopHat (bioinformatics) is a bioinformatic tool for fast and high throughput alignment (e.g. by Bowtie) and mapping of shotgun transcriptomic sequencing reads (e.g. RNA-seq) to a reference genome to discover RNA splice sites.
- TOPHAT, cryptonym of Dmitri Polyakov (1921–1988), a Soviet general and a spy for the CIA.
- Tophat beam, a kind of laser beam
- Operation Top Hat, a "local field exercise" conducted by the United States Army Chemical Corps in 1953
- Top hat, another name for a steel batten
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Top hat.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.