Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up torsion in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Torsion may refer to:
- Torsion of a curve
- Torsion tensor in differential geometry
- The closely related concepts of Reidemeister torsion (also called R-torsion, Franz torsion, de Rham torsion) and analytic torsion (also called Ray-Singer torsion)
- Whitehead torsion
- Dihedral angle
- Of bones, "torsion fracture" is another term for spiral fracture.
- Of organs, torsion refers to twisting, in particular twisting that interrupts the blood supply to that organ, e.g. splenic torsion, ovarian torsion, or testicular torsion.
- Torsion of the digestive tract in some domestic animals:
Physics and engineering
- Torsion (mechanics)
- The field used in Einstein–Cartan theory and other alternatives to general relativity that involve torsion of spacetime
- Torsion field (pseudoscience), a field alleged to make faster-than-light communication and paranormal phenomena possible
- Torsion (gastropod), a developmental feature of all gastropods
disambiguation page lists mathematics articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.