Tosh, Himachal Pradesh
Tosh village is in Himachal Pradesh state of India. It is located at about 2,400 metres (7,900 ft) in elevation on a hill near Kasol in the Parvati Valley, surrounded by mountains. The main occupation of the people in Parvati valley is Tourism. Apple orchards are also a big source of income for the local people. Wooden houses in the village are excellent example of architecture of Mountain people. Tosh is economical than its neighbour town Kasol. The guest houses and the hotels are available both at the entrance and far end of the village. Alongside the village is the Parvati River, which begins at the Mantalai Glacier within Parvati Valley, which is a feeder valley for the Parvati Valley. The peaks surrounding the glacier include Papasura, White Sail, Angduri, Pinnacle, and Devachan. The village is reached by taking a bus from Bhuntar to Kasol, and a one and half hour car ride to the area along Manikaran and Barshaini Roads and then a one-hour hike. It is described as a "traditional village turned hippie colony".
Flora and fauna
In the meadows and valleys around Tosh are Himalayan blue poppies, irises, marsh marigolds, primulas, buttercups, and Himalayan balsam flowers. Birds in the area include lamagiers, bull finches, rose finches, Himalayan griffons, white-capped water starts, and brown dippers. Himalayan brown and black bears are occasionally seen.
- Kriti Tulsiani (15 December 2016). "Tosh, Malana, Kasol and other picturesque villages that you wouldn't want to miss". News18. Retrieved 20 June 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Keith Armando Gomes (4 February 2017). "A silent retreat: Trekking from Tosh to Parvati Valley in Himachal Pradesh". Sunday Guardian Live. Retrieved 20 June 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Rahul (19 June 2017). "How To reach Tosh and things to do Around Tosh". Walking Wanderer. Retrieved 13 August 2019.
- "Mantalai Glacier, Parvati Valley". Tripoto.
- Vanessa Betts; Victoria McCulloch (10 February 2014). Indian Himalaya Footprint Handbook: Includes Corbett National Park, Darjeeling, Leh, Sikkim. Footprint Travel Guides. p. 169. ISBN 978-1-907263-88-0.
- "Kasol to Tosh". Google maps. Retrieved 20 June 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- David Abram; Rough Guides (2003). The Rough Guide to India. Rough Guides. p. 503. ISBN 978-1-84353-089-3.
Media related to Tosh, Himachal Pradesh at Wikimedia Commons