4.11 / November 4, 2020
|Type||Open source software|
Traccar is owned by Traccar Limited and was founded in 2009. Anton Tananaev, the founder of Traccar, in an interview said that he began writing the software in 2009 and made it open source in early 2010.
In 2016, Traccar was one of the winners of the 10th Open SW Developer Competition held in South Korea.
According to a 2019 report by Windows Report, Traccar was noted amongst the seven best free software solutions for fleet management and GPS tracking.
Traccar has three main applications called Traccar Server, Traccar Manager and Traccar Client. Traccar Server is the main software which include the back-end for device communication and the front-end web interface for managing the GPS tracking devices. The Traccar Manager is a mobile based front end application which can be used to manage GPS tracking devices. And the third is Traccar Client, a mobile based application which acts as an alternative to GPS tracking hardware and can be used to report the mobile phone's location to the Traccar Server.
- "Releases - traccar/traccar". Retrieved 4 November 2020 – via GitHub.
- "KidsConnect KC2". PCMAG. PC Mag. Retrieved 16 December 2019.
- "7 best free software for fleet management and GPS tracking". Windows Report. 16 July 2019. Retrieved 16 December 2019.
- Computational Science and Its Applications – ICCSA 2018: 18th International Conference, Melbourne, VIC, Australia, July 2–5, 2018, Proceedings. Springer. 2018. ISBN 978-3-319-95171-3. Retrieved 16 December 2019.
- Proceedings of the International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Systems and Informatics 2018. Springer. 2018. p. 630. ISBN 978-3-319-99010-1. Retrieved 16 December 2019.
- "Open Geo interview - Anton Tananaev - Traccar". blog.opencagedata.com. Retrieved 16 December 2019.
- "[2016 공개SW 데이]제10회 공개SW 개발자대회, RUBIS 등 26개팀 수상". 대한민국 IT포털의 중심! 이티뉴스 (in Korean). 28 November 2016. Retrieved 16 December 2019.
- October 24, Anton Tananaev. "Traccar Manager Download". ZDNet. Retrieved 16 December 2019.
- March 26. "Traccar Client Download". ZDNet. Retrieved 16 December 2019.