|Born||September 12, 1964|
Tracy McMillan (born September 12, 1964) is an American author, television writer and relationship expert.
McMillan is known for the 2011 viral blog post "Why You're Not Married," which for two years was the most-viewed article on HuffPost. She also wrote a book based on the piece, Why You're Not Married... Yet (Ballantine, 2012). Her screenwriting credits include Mad Men, Necessary Roughness, Chase, Life on Mars, and The United States of Tara. She won the 2010 Writers Guild of America Awards for Dramatic Series for Mad Men, along with other writers of the series.
As a relationship expert, she's made numerous television and radio appearances, including as a matchmaker on the NBC dating reality show Ready for Love, as well as The Today Show, Katie, Bethenny, Dr. Drew's Lifechangers, and Oprah's Super Soul Sunday.
McMillan is the author of a memoir I Love You and I'm Leaving You Anyway (It! Books, 2010) and the debut novel, You'll Know It When You See It, published by Gallery in 2015. She lives in Los Angeles, and continues to write occasional pieces in the Huffington Post.
- A, B, C... Manhattan (1997)
- Journeyman (2007)
- Life on Mars (2008-2009)
- The United States of Tara (2010)
- Mad Men (2010, Christmas Comes But Once a Year)
- Chase (2010)
- Necessary Roughness (2011)
- McMillan, Tracy. I Love You and I'm Leaving You Anyway: A Memoir, It Books, 2011. ISBN 978-0061724596
- McMillan, Tracy. Why You're Not Married . . . Yet: The Straight Talk You Need to Get the Relationship You Deserve, Ballantine Books, 2012. ISBN 978-0345532923
- "Tracy McMillan NBC's Ready for Love - Tracy McMillan Dating Mistakes". Cosmopolitan. April 8, 2013. Retrieved 2014-05-06.
- "Fan of Marriage Makes a Commitment". New York Times. April 26, 2013. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Tracy McMillan". IMDB. Retrieved 2012-05-31.
- "Previous Nominees & Winners: 2011 Awards Winners". Writers Guild Awards. Archived from the original on 2015-05-12. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
- "Oprah and Tracy McMillan on Love and Marriage". Super Soul Sunday, OWN TV. Retrieved 2014-05-06.
- "Tracy McMillan". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2014-05-06.