|Headquarters||Kansas City, Missouri, United States|
|Dave Cummings – Founder, CEO|
Number of employees
Tradebot Systems, Inc. is one of the larger high-frequency equity trading firms in the US. Based in Kansas City, Missouri, they regularly account for 5% of the total trading volume in the US stock market. According to the founder, Dave Cummings, as of 2008, the firm "typically held stocks for 11 seconds", and "had not had a losing day in 4 years". That streak continued uninterrupted until 2018.
The firm was founded in 1999 and had an early relationship with fellow high-frequency trading shop Getco. In 2005 Cummings left Tradebot to start a new electronic market, which he called the Better Alternative Trading System. That market eventually became the BATS stock exchange. In 2007 Cummings left BATS to return to Tradebot. The firm is affiliated with Tradebot Ventures, Tradebot Properties, Tatora and Auxby.
In summer 2014, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman accused Barclays of hiding that Tradebot was one of the largest participants in their dark pool. Tradebot was not accused of any wrongdoing.
- "Tradebot Systems". www.TradebotSystems.com. Retrieved August 25, 2017.
- "Tradebot Systems". TradebotSystems.com. Retrieved August 25, 2017.
- Dealbook (May 17, 2010). "Speedy New Traders Make Waves Far From Wall Street". DealBook. Retrieved August 25, 2017.
- "Tradebot Systems". Tradebot.com. Retrieved August 25, 2017.
- "High-Frequency Firm Tradebot Swam in Barclays Pool, N.Y. Says". June 25, 2014. Retrieved August 25, 2017 – via www.Bloomberg.com.
|This article about a financial services corporation of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|