|Look up transverse in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Transverse may refer to:
- Transverse engine, an engine in which the crankshaft is oriented side-to-side relative to the wheels of the vehicle
- Transverse flute, a flute that is held horizontally
- Transverse force (or Euler force), the tangential force that is felt in reaction to any angular acceleration
- Transverse mass, a particle physics quantity
- Transverse plane, the plane orthogonal to the anteroposterior or oral-aboral axis
- Transverse rotors, a type of rotorcraft in which there are two rotors mounted side by side
- Transverse wave, a wave that causes a disturbance in the medium perpendicular to the direction it advances
- Transverse Island, an island on the east side of Stefansson Bay, off the coast of Enderby Land
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Transverse.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.