Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up transverse in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Transverse may refer to:
- Transverse engine, an engine in which the crankshaft is oriented side-to-side relative to the wheels of the vehicle
- Transverse flute, a flute that is held horizontally
- Transverse force (or Euler force), the tangential force that is felt in reaction to any angular acceleration
- Transverse mass, a particle physics quantity
- Transverse plane, the plane orthogonal to the anteroposterior or oral-aboral axis
- Transverse rotors, a type of rotorcraft in which there are two rotors mounted side by side
- Transverse wave, a wave that causes a disturbance in the medium perpendicular to the direction it advances
- Transverse Island, an island on the east side of Stefansson Bay, off the coast of Enderby Land
- Transversal (disambiguation)
- Transversality (disambiguation)
- All pages with titles beginning with Transverse
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Transverse.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.