Trentishoe is a village and civil parish in North Devon, England. The parish lies on the coast of the Bristol Channel. The village is 5 miles (8 km) east of Combe Martin, at an elevation of 180 metres, separated from the coast by high cliffs.
Trentishoe free festivals
In 1973 a small ecologically-themed free rock festival was held on a clifftop site near Trentishoe, titled the Trentishoe Whole Earth Fayre (possibly following a minuscule 1972 festival of which records are sparse). The 'International Times', in 1973, noted "The Trentishoe bash, kicking off on July 9th and running for a couple of weeks, looks like kindling a similar flame to that ignited by the Glastonbury Fayre". The organisers of the 1973 event were Greg Haynes, Mike Tanner, Dave Mackay and Norman with music arranged by Greasy Truckers and Bath Arts Workshop. Bands included Hawkwind, Pink Fairies and Magic Muscle. A follow-up event took place in 1975, and another under the same name but at a different location in 1976.
- Watts, Victor, ed. (2010), "Trentishoe", The Cambridge Dictionary of English Place-Names, Cambridge University Press, ISBN 9780521168557
- Historic England. "Details from listed building database (1325745)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- International Times - IT158 - 1973 Festivals 'Whither the Million Dollar Bash'
- Trentishoe 1973
- "Trentishoe Free festivals 1973-76".
- Michael Clarke (1982) - The Politics of Pop Festivals, pp 92-94
Media related to Trentishoe at Wikimedia Commons