Trip to Prillarguri
|Trip to Prillarguri|
|Live album by|
|George Russell chronology|
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
Trip to Prillarguri is a live album by George Russell originally recorded in 1970 and subsequently released on the Italian Soul Note label in 1982, featuring a performance by Russell with Stanton Davis, Jan Garbarek, Terje Rypdal, Arild Andersen, and Jon Christensen. The Allmusic review awarded the album 3 stars, although, as no review text appears to date, this can be considered the default rating for those albums awaiting a review.
- All compositions by George Russell except as indicated
- "Theme (Jan Garbarek) - 7:11
- "Souls" - 8:41
- "Event III" - 3:03
- "Vips" (Garbarek) - 4:22
- "Stratusphunk" - 8:40
- "Esoteric Circle" (Garbarek) - 4:56
- "Man On The Moon" (Ornette Coleman) - 11:00
- Recorded live at Estrad, Sodertalje, Sweden, March, 1970.
- George Russell - piano
- Jan Garbarek - tenor saxophone
- Stanton Davis - trumpet
- Terje Rypdal - electric guitar
- Arild Andersen - bass
- Jon Christensen - drums
- "Trip to Prillargui - George Russell | AllMusic". allmusic.com. 2011. Retrieved 18 July 2011.
- Swenson, J., ed. (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 174. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.
- George Russell discography accessed 10 November 2009.
- Allmusic Review accessed 10 November 2009.