Fred "Tripp" York is an activist, a professor of religious studies, and a prolific Mennonite writer (B.A., Trevecca Nazarene University; M.T.S., Duke University; Ph.D., Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary). His writings span a wide range of genres and subjects including: animals, martyrdom, politics, violence, religious satire and comics. His most popular work is his satirical search for Satan in The Devil Wears Nada.
He is the co-creator and co-editor of The Peaceable Kingdom Series.
York belongs to the Mennonite tradition that has a 500-year history of Christian pacifism. He has written extensively on the North American Christians' complicity with power and suggests a return to a more diasporic understanding of Christian practice. He emphasizes the lives of Christian anarchists such as Dorothy Day, and Daniel and Philip Berrigan.
- The End of Captivity? A Primate's Reflections on Zoos, Conservation, and Christian Ethics. Cascade Books, 2015.
- A Faith Encompassing All Creation. Cascade Books, 2014.
- A Faith Embracing All Creatures. Cascade Books, 2013.
- A Faith Not Worth Fighting For. Cascade Books, 2012.
- The Devil Wears Nada. Cascade Books, 2011.
- Third Way Allegiance: Christian Witness in the Shadow of Religious Empire. Cascadia Publishing, 2011.
- The Gift of Difference: Radical Orthodoxy, Radical Reformation, with Chris K. Huebner, CMU Press, 2010.
- Donkeys and Kings. Resource Publications, 2010.
- Living on Hope While Living in Babylon: The Christian Anarchists of the 20th Century. Wipf & Stock, 2009.
- Anesthesia: A Brief Reflection on Contemporary Aesthetics. Seaburn Press, 2008.
- The Purple Crown: The Politics of Martyrdom. Herald Press, 2007.
- Calculated Futures: Theology, Ethics and Economics, with D. Stephen Long and Nancy Ruth Fox. Baylor University Press, 2007.
- "Elon University - Department of Religious Studies". Elon.edu. Retrieved 2009-01-11.
- "Tripp York, PhD". Tripp York, PhD. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- Justo L. Gonzalez,The Story of Christianity, Vol. II, (San Francisco: Harper, 1985).
- "Is the church narrating what it means to be an American or is America narrating what it means to be the church? Five Good Answers with Dr. Tripp York, Author of Third Way Allegiance". Matt Litton. 2011-07-08. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- "Christian anarchists topic of book by Tripp York". Elon.edu. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- "Virginia Wesleyan College - A small Liberal Arts College located in Norfolk, Virginia". Vwc.edu. Retrieved 2014-03-12.