Tristan Le Govic
|Tristan Le Govic|
Tristan Le Govic
|Occupation(s)||Musician, composer, teacher|
|Instruments||Celtic harp, Vocals|
His repertoire combines traditional tunes from the Celtic nations, together with original compositions in a contemporary style played on the Celtic harp.
During his studies he gained numerous prizes and nominations that emphasize the recognition of a talented and accomplished musician. Performing on international stages, critics pronounce him as one of the leading Celtic harpers.
His inspiration comes from the heart of music, poetry, real or imaginary legends, as well as nature or daily – but never innocent – impressions. Rhythm and Harmony are the musical predominant elements in his music. In perpetual movement, his world opens the gates of an extraordinary diversity.
Comments have acclaimed: "The magic of his harp", "His virtuosity", "His exceptional musicality", "The grace of his technique". His concerts are described as being a moment of intense emotion. For the public, he is an enchanter.
- 2005 – National Diploma of teaching music. Cefedem of Brittany.
- 2002 – Master of Music. University of Rennes 2.
- 2000 – Certificate of music writing. Conservatoire of Nantes.
- 1998 – DEM (Diploma of music studies). Conservatoire of Rennes
- 1998 – Gold medal in Celtic Harp. Conservatoire of Rennes
- 1998 – Gold medal in Chamber Music. Conservatoire of Rennes
- 1996 – Diploma of Music Theory. Conservatoire of Rennes
- 1994 – Baccalauréat D (mathematic & biology).
- 2007 – Lowland & Border Pipers’ society. Edinburgh, 1st prize, in duet with Jean-Luc Lefaucheur.
- 2007 – Danny Kyle Open Stage. Celtic Connections – Glasgow, "Highly Recommended" nomination.
- 1999 – Music Competition. Epinal, 1st prize unanimously.
- 1998 – International of UFAM. Paris, 1st prize unanimously.
- 1998 – European Music competition. Montdidier, 1st prize unanimously.
- 1995 – Kan ar Bobl. Pontivy, 1st prize unanimously.
- 2014 – Tristan Le Govic, Elva (TD03).
- 2009 – Tristan Le Govic, Awen (TD02).
- 2006 – Tristan Le Govic, Dasson ur Galon (TD01).
- 2004 – Telenn – Harpe Celtique, l’Anthologie vol.1 (Coop-breizh).
Publications, Music Books
- 2015 – Antologiezh Telenn Breizh (Breton Harp Anthology), vol. 1, 2, 3.
- 2010 – Ailie Robertson, Scottish Harp Anthology, vol. 1, 2, 3.
- 2009 – Tristan Le Govic, Awen.
- 2008 – Tristan Le Govic, Island.
- 2008 – Tristan Le Govic, Dasson ur Galon.
- 2001 – CRIHC, L’Anthologie de la Harpe, la Harpe des Celtes.