Triway High School (Wooster, Ohio)
|Triway High School|
|3205 Shreve Road
Wooster, Ohio 44691
|School district||Triway Local School District|
|Color(s)||Purple & White|
Triway serves primarily the townships of Wooster, Franklin, and Clinton, and the village of Shreve in Wayne County, Ohio. These three areas agreed to consolidate in 1960 under the name of "Triway", and the school was opened at its current location in 1963. In the school district there are three K-6 elementary schools: Franklin Elementary, Shreve Elementary, and Wooster Township Elementary. Triway Jr. High School is grades 7-8 and then of course, Triway High School serves grades 9-12.
Triway's colors are purple and white, which were chosen by coach Marion Zody, who also named the sports teams the "Titans" after the New York Jets previous nickname. The Titans have long-standing rivalries with the Waynedale High School Golden Bears, the West Holmes High School Knights, and the Orrville High School Red Riders. Triway was a member of the Wayne County Athletic League from 1963-1970 (and previously as the Shreve High School Trojans) until joining the Chippewa Conference (1970-1976), then the All-Ohio Conference/League (1976-1989), and the Mohican Area Conference (1989-2004), before joining the PAC-8.
Triway has had many talented sports teams since the district was established, mostly in football and basketball. The most recent accomplishments have been:
- In the 2004-2005 season, the boys basketball team became state runners-up.
- In the 2005-2006 season, the boys basketball team again became state runners-up with the season's record being a district best of 26-1.
- In the 2009-2010 season of Triway football, first-year coach, Tony Lee, coached the team to one of the best seasons in Triway football history with a record of 8-3, and going into the first round of the playoffs.
- In the 2013 season of Triway volleyball first year coach, John Finn, coached the team into a PAC championship, District championship and Regional Runners-up.
- In the 2014-2015 season of Triway football, Tony Lee coached the team through an undefeated season and to the second round of the playoffs.
- In the 2014-2015 season, the boys bowling team finished State Runner-up.
- In the 2015-2016 season, the boys bowling team finished 5th at State.
Prior to the 1963 consolidation as Triway, the Shreve Trojans competed in the WCAL as a representative from the area.
- Josh Krajcik-Runner up on the first season of The X Factor
- Ted Mathys-Author of Null Set (2015), The Spoils (2009) and Forge (2005), all from Coffee House Press. Award Winning Poet. Instructor St. Louis University  
- Vasas, Michale Paul (1989). A History of Wayne County Football 1899 to 1988. Collier Printing Company of Wooster, OH.
- Josh Krajcik
- Vasas, Michale Paul, A History of Wayne County Football 1899 to 1988, Collier Printing Company of Wooster, Ohio. 1989.
- History of Wayne County, Ohio, "Wayne County History Book Committee." Taylor Publishing Company, Dallas, TX. 1987.